teacher leaning over student

Office of Special Education

Services for students with disabilities
from birth through age 21


Parent Resources

July - August 2021: Live Webinars to Support Your Child for Independence and Beyond



Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)

Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC)


Parental Rights

What parental rights do I have regarding the IEP?

The Maryland State Department of Education has developed A Parent’s Guide to Understanding Your Individualized Education Program (IEP) Rights and Responsibilities in Maryland which summarizes all rights that parents have such as notice, disagreement, participation, and copies of certain documentation.

If you have further questions regarding your parental rights, you may refer to the Parental Rights, Maryland Procedural Safeguards Notice, contact your child’s case manager at the school, or contact the Resolution and Compliance Unit at 240-740-3230.

Resolution and Compliance Unit