What are salary schedules?
Salary schedules provide a detailed list of MCPS salaries.
When do salary changes take effect?
Fiscal year (FY) 2015-2017 budget and corresponding employee association agreements approved by the Board of Education allow for three cost-of-living adjustments (COLAs). The first of these will take effect on November 29, 2014. In addition to the COLA, eligible employees will receive a step increase on that day. Please check this page periodically for additional details.
Salary advancements also are granted for reaching education milestones. For more information about when educational salary advancement become effective, visit the Certification Unit website.
How can I find my salary for the current year?
1) Identify your union
- Teachers: Montgomery County Education Association (MCEA)
- Supporting Services: Service Employees International Union, Local 500 (SEIU)
- Administrators, Principal and Supervisors: Montgomery County Association of Administrators and Principals (MCAAP)
2) Identify your grade and step
3) Review the current salary schedule table for your employee association. Schedules for the previous two years are included:
Is there a published set of salary schedules that I can print?
Yes. The link below provides tables listing the salary schedule for each group. They include a detailed extracurricular fee schedule. Note: New educators are placed on the salary scale according to current policies. New to MCPS? Learn how your experience translates to salary scale placement.
FY 2017 Salary Schedules Effective July 1, 2016 (PDF)
Where can I find my salary or hourly rate of pay if I am on step 50, 51, 52, 55, 60, or 65?
If you are among those employees who received a 2 percent increase to your annual salary or hourly rate of pay on either July 1, 2012 or February 8, 2014, you will find your salary or hourly rate of pay here.