What are salary schedules?
Salary schedules provide a detailed list of MCPS salaries.
When will salary changes take effect?
Fiscal year (FY) 2018 budget and corresponding employee association agreements approved by the Board of Education allow for a 1 percent general wage adjustment to take effect on July 1, 2017, for all employees.* In addition, eligible employees will receive a step increase on that day. Employees will see the increase in their July 21, 2017, paychecks. Employees hired prior to February 1, 2017, are eligible for the July 1, 2017, step increase if they—
- worked for five or more months between July 1, 2016 and June 30, 2017;
- are not red circled;
- are not on the top step of their current pay scale;
- are not on class 2 certification (if a member of MCEA); and
- are not on steps 50, 55, 60, or 65.
Salary advancements also are granted for reaching education milestones. For more information about when educational salary advancement become effective, visit the Certification Unit website
*excluding red-circled employees
How can I find my salary for the current year?
To determine your current step and salary, visit the Employee Self-Service (ESS) web page and click on the My Salary Information link, which you will find under the orange My Information banner. Log in and you will be directed to your current salary information. Note: You will not have access to your FY 2018 salary information via ESS until July 1, 2017. You will find links to FY 2018 salary schedules below.
1) Identify your union
- Teachers: Montgomery County Education Association (MCEA)
- Supporting Services: Service Employees International Union, Local 500 (SEIU)
- Administrators, Principal and Supervisors: Montgomery County Association of Administrators and Principals (MCAAP)
2) Identify your grade and step
3) Review the salary schedule table for your employee association. Schedules for the previous two years are included:
Is there a published set of salary schedules that I can print?
Yes. The link below provides tables listing the salary schedule for each group. They include a detailed extracurricular fee schedule. Note: New educators are placed on the salary scale according to current policies. New to MCPS? Learn how your experience translates to salary scale placement.
FY 2018 Salary Schedules Effective July 1, 2017 (PDF)
Why am I on step 50, 51, 52, 55, 60, or 65? Where can I find my salary or hourly rate of pay?
If you are among those employees who received a 2 percent increase to your annual salary or hourly rate of pay on either July 1, 2012 or February 8, 2014, you are on one of these off-scale steps. You will find your salary or hourly rate of pay here.