What are salary schedules?
Salary schedules provide a detailed list of MCPS salaries.
How can I find my salary for the current year?
To determine your current step and salary, visit the Employee Self-Service (ESS) web page and click on the My salary information link, which you will find under the green My Pay banner. Log in and you will be directed to your current salary information. Note: You will not have access to your FY 2019 salary information via ESS until July 1, 2018. You will find links to FY 2019 salary schedules below.
1) Identify your union:
- Teachers: Montgomery County Education Association (MCEA)
- Supporting Services: Service Employees International Union, Local 500 (SEIU)
- Administrators, Principal and Supervisors: Montgomery County Association of Administrators and Principals (MCAAP)
2) Identify your pay grade and step.
3) Review the salary schedule table for your employee association. Schedules for the previous two years are included:
How can I find my salary information from previous years?
You can find your previous salary information by visiting the ESS web page and clicking on My salary history under the green My Pay banner. Log in to access this information.
Is there a published set of salary schedules that I can print?
Yes. The link below provides tables listing the salary schedule for each group. They include a detailed extracurricular fee schedule. Note: New educators are placed on the salary scale according to current policies. New to MCPS? Learn how your experience translates to salary scale placement.
FY 2018 Salary Schedules Effective July 1, 2017 (PDF) Note: The printable FY 2019 Salary Schedules will be available by July 1, 2018.
Why am I on step 50, 55, 60, or 65? Where can I find my salary?
If you are among those employees who received a 2 percent increase to your annual salary or hourly rate of pay on either July 1, 2012 or February 8, 2014, you are on one of these off-scale steps. You will find your salary by clicking on your union below: