Human Resources and Development → Substitute Employee Management System
Substitute Employee Management System "SEMS"
The Substitute Employee Management System is accessible by telephone and Web and allows teachers, school administrators, school administrative secretaries/timekeepers, and special education paraeducators to enter absences and substitutes to obtain job assignments. All users can review past and future jobs.
Teachers and Special Education Paraeducators:
ALL teachers and special education paraeducators should use the substitute’s Employee ID Number (EIN) when prearranging a substitute for an assignment. If you do not have the substitute’s EIN, you can use the Name Look Up tab.
*NEW EMPLOYEE REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS*
Substitute System Telephone Number 301-279-3998
Before any features are available, you must register with the system and create a PIN. The Employee ID Number and PIN are used for all interactions with the phone.
1. Enter your Employee ID Number as your Access ID followed by the star (*) key.
2. When asked for your PIN, enter your Employee ID Number again followed by the star (*) key.
3. Record your name followed by the star (*) key.
4. Next you will hear your primary location and classification.
5. You will be asked to select a new PIN. Enter a PIN that is at least six (6) digits in length and no more than nine (9) digits followed by the star (*) key.
If you need assistance, please consult these user guides:
If you have forgotten your Outlook Password, please go to the myID website at www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/myid/ and follow the directions to retrieve or reset your password.
For assistance with technical issues, contact the MCPS Technical Help Desk at 301-517-5800, or visit http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/helpdesk/.
For assistance with your PIN number via the telephone, contact the MCPS Substitute Office at 301-279-3280.