In December 2016, the Board of Education contracted with the Education Strategy Group (ESG) to conduct a comprehensive review of Career and Technology Education (CTE) programs of study (POS) in Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS).
ESG addressed the following two objectives in the MCPS CTE program review .
- Gather and analyze data to evaluate the current state of CTE programs.
- Work with MCPS staff to develop strategic recommendations for an action plan for program improvements within available financial resources to increase the number of students who complete CTE programs and are effectively prepared for high demand fields of employment and non-remedial postsecondary education.
The findings and recommendations delineated in the report align with our organizational commitment to continuous improvement and challenge us to rethink some of our long-standing practices and programs to ensure that they reflect our core values.
A comprehensive list of findings and recommendations is delineated in the full report and is organized in the following five areas:
Vision/Systematic Priorities for Career Readiness
- Employer Engagement/Demand Driven Programming
- Quality and Consistency of Career Programming
- Thomas Edison High School of Technology