Human Resources and Development → Transfer Information → Applying to Positions Using MCPS Careers
Procedures for Applying to Positions Using MCPS Careers
MCPS Careers is the online system voluntary and involuntary transfers
and those returning from leave use to search and apply for
positions. Employees log in at www.mcpscareers.org
using their Outlook user name and password. Employees should contact
the Help Desk at 301-517-5800 if they need assistance with their user
name or password. It is expected that all employees seeking a voluntary
or involuntary transfer and those due to return from leave use MCPS
Updating your profile:
- From the MCPS home page, click on the link for Careers at the top bar of the home page.
- In the Current Employees box, click on the Search Jobs link. (A video explaining how to search for jobs is available by clicking on the Need Help? link)
- Enter your Outlook user name and password when prompted. Please
call the Help Desk (301-517-5800) if you are unable to successfully log
in to MCPS Careers.
- When successfully logged in, click on the Access My Profile
link on the lower right side of the screen and follow the directions to
update your profile. You will need to upload a current resume from
which information will be extracted and included in your profile. If
you do not have a resume to upload, you can enter the information into
- After updating your profile, you can search and apply for positions in which you are interested and qualified.
- You must apply to a specific job (requisition) in order to be given further consideration for a position. Creating a profile alone does not allow hiring managers to review your qualifications and experiences.