Human Resources and Development → Teacher Transfer Information
Voluntary/Involuntary Teacher Transfers & Returns from Leave
Each spring the teacher transfer season occurs, providing employees the opportunity to transfer to other schools and locations. In addition, employees returning from leave or those who have been involuntarily transferred have an opportunity to interview for vacancies for which they are qualified and interested.
Priority Placement (teacher-level) Information Meeting
March 26, 2014: 4:00-6:00 p.m. at Richard Montgomery High School
Teacher Transfer Job Fairs:
- April 1, 2014: 4:00-7:00 p.m. Elementary Schools in the following clusters: Bethesda-Chevy Chase, Downcounty Consortium, Northeast Consortium, Rockville, Sherwood and Walt Whitman at Montgomery Blair HS
- April 2, 2014: 4:00-7:00 p.m. All Middle Schools at Wootton HS
- April 3, 2014: 3:00-6:00 p.m. All High Schools at Watkins Mill HS
- April 3, 2014: 4:00-7:00 p.m. Elementary Schools in the following clusters: Winston Churchill, Clarksburg, Damascus, Gaithersburg, Walter Johnson, Col. Zadok Magruder, Richard Montgomery, Northwest, Poolesville, Quince Orchard, Seneca Valley, Watkins Mill and Thomas S. Wootton at Northwest HS
- April 4, 2014: The voluntary transfer season for teachers opens.
- May 2, 2014: The teacher-level voluntary transfer season closes temporarily, to ensure all MCEA employees identified as priority placements have been assigned.
- May 12, 2014: The teacher-level voluntary transfer season reopens for ALL content fields.
- July 18, 2014: The teacher-level voluntary transfer season closes at 5:00 p.m.
MCPS Careers is the online system voluntary and involuntary transfers and those returning from leave use to search and apply for positions. Employees log in at www.mcpscareers.org using their Outlook user name and password. Employees should contact the Help Desk at 301-517-5800 if they need assistance with their user name or password. It is expected that all employees seeking a voluntary or involuntary transfer and those due to return from leave use MCPS Careers.