Voluntary/Involuntary Teacher Transfers & Returns from Leave
Each spring the teacher transfer season occurs, providing employees the opportunity to transfer to other schools and locations. In addition, employees returning from leave or those who have been involuntarily transferred have an opportunity to interview for vacancies for which they are qualified and interested.
Priority Placement (teacher-level) Information Meeting
- Monday, March 12, 2018: 4:00-6:00 p.m. at Richard Montgomery High School
Teacher Transfer Job Fairs:
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 and Wednesday, March 14, 2018: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Title I elementary schools – Interviews held at Title I schools (Arcola, Bel Pre, Brookhaven, Brown Station, Cresthaven, Capt. James Daly, Gaithersburg, Georgian Forest, Harmony Hills, Highland, Jackson Road, JoAnn Leleck @ Broad Acres, Kemp Mill, New Hampshire Estates, Rosco Nix, Oak View, Rolling Terrace, Sargent Shriver, South Lake, Summit Hall, Twinbrook, Washington Grove, Watkins Mill, Weller Road, Wheaton Woods
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 and Wednesday, March 14, 2018: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Innovative School Calendar – Interviews held at the schools (Arcola, Rosco Nix)
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 and Wednesday, March 14, 2018: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Elementary Language Immersion – Interviews held at the schools (Brown Station, Burnt Mills, College Gardens, Kemp Mill, Maryvale, Oakland Terrace, Potomac, Rock Creek Forest, RM #5, Rolling Terrace, Sligo Creek, Washington Grove, William Tyler Page
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 and Wednesday, March 14, 2018: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Special schools – Interviews held at the schools (Blair Ewing, Carl Sandburg, Longview, RICA, Rock Terrace, Stephen Knolls)
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018 and Wednesday, March 14, 2018: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Secondary Schools with a Student Population of 45% or More of Students Receiving Free and Reduced-price Meals (FARMS) – Interviews held at the schools (A. Mario Loiederman, Argyle, Benjamin Banneker, Briggs Chaney, Col. E. Brooke Lee, Dr. Martin Luther King, Eastern, Francis Scott Key, Gaithersburg, Montgomery Village, Neelsville, Newport Mill, Parkland, and White Oak middle schools; John F. Kennedy, Northwood, Springbrook, Watkins Mill, and Wheaton)
- Thursday, March 15, 2018: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Interviews held at Montgomery Blair High School – All Downcounty Elementary Schools in the following clusters: Bethesda-Chevy Chase, Downcounty Consortium, Northeast Consortium, Rockville, Sherwood, and Walt Whitman
- Thursday, March 15, 2018: 3:30-6:30 p.m. Interviews held at Watkins Mill High School – All High Schools
- Monday, March 19, 2018: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Interviews held at Northwest HS – All Upcounty Elementary Schools in the following clusters: Clarksburg, Churchill, Damascus, Gaithersburg, Col. Zadok Magruder, Northwest, Poolesville, Quince Orchard, Richard Montgomery, Seneca Valley, Walter Johnson, Watkins Mill and Thomas S. Wootton
- Monday, March 19, 2018: 4:00-7:00 p.m. Interviews held at Albert Einstein High School – All Middle Schools
- July 20, 2018: The teacher-level voluntary transfer season closes at 5:00 p.m.
MCPS Careers is the online system voluntary and involuntary transfers and those returning from leave use to search and apply for positions. Employees log in at www.mcpscareers.org using their Outlook user name and password. Employees should contact the Help Desk at 301-517-5800 if they need assistance with their user name or password. It is expected that all employees seeking a voluntary or involuntary transfer and those due to return from leave use MCPS Careers.