Potomac Elementary School Revitalization/Expansion
This project is currently in the Design Phase.
If you have questions concerning this schools design process, please contact:
Rob Badstibner- Project Manager.
If you have questions concerning the Radnor Holding Facility Testing and Inspection Reports please contact:
Daniel E Butt- Maintenance/Facilities Area Manager.
Radnor Inspection Reports
Outlined below is a list of past facility inspection reports for the Radnor Holding Facility. In addition to the past reports, a detailed action plan describing the timing of upcoming work and inspections is also provided. As a result of the building being vacant for an extended period of time, several proactive measures such as asbestos abatement and relocatable classroom removals and replacements will be performed during the Spring of 2018.
Please know that the work currently scheduled is normal work within facility management. In addition, it should be noted that the inspections scheduled over the next several months will also be used to schedule and implement any improvements or maintenance prior to the move-in of Potomac Elementary School. These reports and any subsequent action items will be updated on this website.
Testing and Inspection Reports
- Bi-Annual assessments
- Last test - September 13, 2017
- Work started 2/12/2018 and will take 2 weeks to complete
- Work being done by Asbestos Specialists, Inc., Elkridge, Maryland (Competitively bid)
- Dollar Figure of contract award - $39,750.00
- Scope of work involves removal of remaining floor tile and mastic where accessible (approximately 13,000 Square feet)
- What is asbestos abatement?
|Fire & Life Safety / Code Compliance
- The inspections are performed annually
- Last inspection was Spring 2016
- Next inspection is scheduled Spring 2018
|Fire Protection Systems
- Last inspection was Spring 2017
- 29 out of 29 HVAC units at Radnor have been cleaned and sanitized by the IAQ Team.
- The Team completed these services in March and April 2018.
|Indoor Air Quality
- Upon receipt of IAQ complaint and/or special request
- 3/30/17 (latest inspection during vacancy)
- 11/11/15 (latest inspection when occupied by Wood Acres
- 3/1/18 (next inspection) - building-wide survey
- The Indoor Air Quality inspection includes both a visual walkthrough inspection of the building as well as a representative air sampling survey for common IAQ parameters.
- KCI Technologies, Inc. (KCI) was retained by Montgomery County Public Schools, to conduct a Lead-Based Paint Screening of Radnor Center. The scope of work included a screening of interior and exterior components to determine general prevalence of lead based paint.
- The lead paint inspection reported identifies the existence and amount of lead paint as well as the condition of the painted component. A lead paint abatement scope of work will be created which will either eliminate or reduces lead paint hazards. The abatement scope work may include the following; paint removal, replacement of components, encapsulation, or repainting.
- Last inspection was 3/25/16
- All data is on the MCPS website
FY 2018 Inspection Report
FY 2017 Inspection Report
- The inspections are annual
- Last inspection was on 10/2/17
- The next inspection is scheduled for 10/18
- Annual evaluations take into consideration criteria such as indoor air quality, HVAC operation, moisture conditions, building envelope integrity, and site drainage
- We are eliminating and reconfiguring some of the portables during the Summer 2018
- Remaining portables will be inspected per the criteria stated above
- The inspections are performed semi-annually
- Last inspection was Fall 2017
- Next inspection is scheduled for Spring 2018
|School Safety and Security
- System wide testing starting Spring 2018
- Test results to be available by April 30th, 2018
Rev/Ex Advisory Committee Meeting Notes
April 19, 2018 Meeting Notes
February 21,2018 Meeting Notes
January 31, 2018 Meeting Notes
November 15, 2017 Meeting Agenda
October 18th, 2017 Meeting
September 25th, 2017 Meeting
Board Presentation Documents
Preliminary Plans BrochureJuly 11, 2017 Board of Education PresentationLetter to the Community and Project Analysis
Design Meeting Documents
Design Worksession 2 and 3 Notes
Design Worksession 2 and 3 Presentation
Design Worksession 1 Notes
Design Worksession 1 Presentation
Meeting Notification Mailing
Feasibility Study Documents
Final PTA/Community Presentation
Work Session 6 Notes
Work Session 5 Notes
Work Session 4 Notes
Work Session 3 Notes
Work Session 2 Notes
Work Session 1 Notes