Is Cosmetology for You?
- Do you enjoy working with a variety of people?
- Are you interested in learning about the science and techniques of personal beauty care?
- Are you creative and interested in learning about current styling trends?
- Do you want to perform salon services for a variety of clients in an in-school salon and in professional salons in the community?
- Do you want to learn about operating a business?
- Do you want to earn the Maryland State Cosmetologist License?
About the Program
Learn the art and science of cosmetology, as well as all aspects of the cosmetology industry. Under the supervision of a cosmetology teacher, learn the current styles and trends, and perform salon services for a variety of clients in an in-school salon. Train with professionals during work-based learning experiences in local salons. Obtain the practical and clinical experience needed to take the Maryland State Board of Cosmetologist License examination.
Sample Course Plan for Cosmetology
Certifications/Awards for Completing High School Plan
Local Colleges Offering a Continuation of the Program