QO Music News
- Shop with Amazon.com and support the QO Marching Band. Just click here to begin your searching/shopping and and the marching band will receive proceeds from your purchase. Support the QO Marching Band/Amazon.com Link
- Learn more about our Tri-M Music Honor Society by visiting the Tri-M page or by viewing this slideshow
- Time to sign up for the 2019 Marching Band Season! Head over to the marching band page for information!
- AP Music Theory students! The summer packet is available on the QOHS main page.
Quince Orchard Music Department
The mission of the QOHS music department is to provide students a personalized learning environment to foster meaningful cultural experiences in the performance, understanding, and appreciation of music. This will be accomplished by promoting the nine National Standards of Music Education:
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines
- Reading and notating music
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture