QO Music News
- Shop with Amazon.com and support the QO Marching Band. Just click here to begin your searching/shopping and and the marching band will receive proceeds from your purchase. Support the QO Marching Band/Amazon.com Link
- Learn more about our Tri-M Music Honor Society by visiting the Tri-M page or by viewing this slideshow
- Time to sign up for the 2019 Marching Band Season! Head over to the marching band page for information!
- AP Music Theory students! The summer packet is available on the QOHS main page.
The music students at QOHS work very hard to raise the money it takes to make Music Department a great experience for any student who participates in the program. However, there are still financial needs in our program. This year we are trying to reduce the cost of our music field trips. You can either order from a student in the music department or order online at: https://freshfruitorder.org/QOhsmusic/
. The deadline for ordering fruit with a credit card online is November 18. The fruit is tentatively scheduled to be delivered between December 2 and 6. If you have any questions about any of the fruit items online or your options for pick-up or delivery of your fruit, please contact Robyn_B_Kleiner-Vilgos@mcpsmd.org
Quince Orchard Music Department
The mission of the QOHS music department is to provide students a personalized learning environment to foster meaningful cultural experiences in the performance, understanding, and appreciation of music. This will be accomplished by promoting the nine National Standards of Music Education:
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines
- Reading and notating music
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- Evaluating music and music performances.
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture