- Now - March 9th - Mulch is ON SALE at www.qohsboosters.com - $5.50 or $6.50 per bag with delivery on 3/14. Parent volunteers are also needed, please sign-up through the Sign-Up Genius if you can assists on 3/14.
- Black History Month Spirit Week 2/24 - 2/28
- Monday - 70's Vibe - Soul Train Day
- Tuesday - Historical Figure Day
- Wednesday - HBCU or Panhellenic Day
- Thursday - Heritage Day and Assembly
- Friday - Black Friday
- Tuesday, 2/25 -
- Finding Fellowship - Special Presentation and Panel Discussion from 6-8pm
- Spring Sport Registration Open House - if you need assistance registering an athlete stop by the Media Center from 6-8pm
- Friday, 2/28 - Half Day for Students
- Saturday, 2/29 - First Day of Spring Sports! Register by Thursday, 2/27 to ensure you are able to participate
- Saturday, 3/7 - MSP Retreat - Attend, participate, and earn SSL! RSVP via the QR Code in the flyer
- Senior Fees - Cost is now $75 until the end of April, fees not paid will become an obligation. Full details are in the flyer. Fees can be paid online.
Black History Month Celebration
We are hosting a series of events to celebrate Black History Month including:
In School SAT Test
Juniors are eligible to either take a FREE SAT School Day at QO on Wednesday, 3/25 OR receive a FREE voucher to take the ACT during the national test administrations on Saturday, 4/4 or Saturday, 6/13 at a local high school. Students are highly encouraged to take advantage of ONE of these two options. Full details and additional information is available online, below is the timeline of events.
- Wednesday, 2/19 - Thursday, 2/20: ACT Voucher Distribution (CAREER CENTER)
- Thursday, 2/26: ACT Registration Confirmation DUE to Ms. Moloney-Johnston in the College and Career Center for April ACT
- Saturday, 2/28: April 4th ACT Registration Deadline (Late Registration 2/29 - 3/13, additional fees apply)
- Wednesday, 3/25: SAT School Day @ QOHS
- Friday, 5/1: ACT Registration Confirmation DUE to Ms. Moloney-Johnston in the College and Career Center for June ACT
- Friday, 5/8: June 13th ACT Registration Deadline (Late Registration May 9-22, additional fees apply)
The 2020 Yearbook is currently $95 and is on sale now. Personalization deadline is January 31st and All Senior Ad sales have a deadline of February 10th. You can purchase at jostensyearbooks.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The senior fee covers the cost of caps and gowns and other graduation related items. The fee is currently $75 and can be paid via the Online School Store or by bringing cash or a check to Mrs. Burdette in Portable 1. The fee will become an obligation if it is not paid before the end of April.
Information About Changes in AP Exams
On Friday October 25, 2019 a letter was distributed to all students who are currently enrolled in an AP class with information about registration and payment for AP classes this year in English and Spanish. Registration will be done through the College Board website, myAP Classroom, and the Online School Payment system will be used for payments. The registration deadline has moved up this year and will be November 4th. If you register after this date you will need to pay a $40 late fee in addition to the $94 exam fee. Additionally there will be a $40 fee if you register for an exam and then do not take it. Payments are not due until the spring, but you can pay at any time beginning now. Students who qualify for a fee waiver or are requesting financial assistance must complete the appropriate paperwork (English or Spanish) and submit it. If you have any questions, feel free to contact either of our AP Coordinators: Ms. Lyon(Victoria_Lyon@mcpsmd.org) in counseling or Ms. Nicholson(Jennifer_R_Nicholson@mcpsmd.org) in the media center.
Sprint 1 Million Project - Internet at Home
Do you have difficulty completing your work due to lack of internet at home? If so, you may qualify for a free device from Sprint! You must be - enrolled in an MCPS HS, not have reliable internet at home (no access, multiple students with 1 computer, dial up only), and meet income requirements. If eligible you can receive a device from Sprint with 10GB per month of free high-speed LTE data. Unlimited data is provided at 2G speeds if usage exceeds 3GB in a month. Get more information in the flyers – English, French, and Spanish.
Students can access resources shared during past QO.U classes by clicking here.
Student and Parent Portal
Need to access the MCPS Parent Portal or MCPS Student Portal, need more information about this - get all the details the the myMCPS Information Page. This page has information about setting up your account, what you can access via the portal and detailed instructions for using the portal. To access grades and class information through the MCPS Classroroom go to https://mcpsmd.instructure.com and to access attendance and long term information go to the Student/Parent portal https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/. If you are having issues with your account or need your login information, please contact Mrs. Jennifer Nicholson, Media Specialist, via email to Jennifer_R_Nicholson@mcpsmd.org.
Students in need of Student Service Learning hours can look for current opportunities on the bulletin board in the red hallway on the first floor and sign-up for text or email reminders from remind.com - sign-up by texting @mrstshel to 81010. You may also look on the MCPS SSL website to view ongoing opportunities. All opportunities with a purple graduation cap are already approved by MCPS. If there is no graduation cap make sure you submit the Individual Student Service Learning Request form prior to serving your volunteer hours. See Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities. More information can be found here.