Stand Together to Be the Change
We held our first session of "Stand Together to Be the Change: Session 1: Seek to Understand" this week, information shared in that presentation is available to QOHS students via the link above.
Cougars Care For Our Community
Information about the Cougars Care For Our Community can be found online in our document and more details will be coming at the beginning of next week.
Health and Family Life Unit
For High School, instruction of Family Life will begin in 10th grade Health Education next week and continue through the end of the year. The lesson topics are limited and have been modified. Health teachers are communicating this parent letter via email through canvas. Materials and resources may reviewed if a parent decides and communicates the opt-out with the health teacher. Parents/Guardians can review materials and will need to contact their child's health education teacher by May 26th only if they want to exclude their child from participating. Students that "opt-out" DO NOT have access to the FLHS content and will receive Nutrition and Fitness modules for the weeks between May 26- June 12th.
Yearbooks - SOLD OUT!
The 2020 QO Yearbook is SOLD OUT! Due to a production delay by our publisher, Jostens, we anticipate a late June or early July delivery date. Once the delivery date is finalized, we will announce a safe pickup procedure at QO. If a family selected the "ship to home" option, you should receive your yearbook around the same time. Thank you for your support!
Information About MCPS & Coronavirus
Schools and school facilities including fields, tennis courts, and track are now closed through the end of the school year, For all updates regarding the coronavirus and the impact to our schools and community please see the MCPS coronavirus website. http://montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus/. See information in the links and documents below, a full listing of all of the items we have posted since March 16th can be found here and you can use the "Dropbox" to ask specific questions to QOHS Administration.
- MCPS Letter to the Community on May 31st with details about a Recovery Plan, Summer School, Extended Year Programs for Special Education, Commencement Ceremonies, Boundary Analysis, SSL Forms, Kindergarten Registration, Pride Town Hall, Census 2020, and the 2020 Primary Election.
- MCPS Message to the Community about Revised Grading Policy on May 12th
- Mrs. Thomas' Callout from Sunday, May 31st with important details for students, families, and staff for the upcoming weeks.
- Continuity of Learning
- PTSA & Booster Club Meeting on Friday, May 15th at 5pm. Details about how to access the meeting are in Ms. Thomas' Weekly Callout, parents must use their student's login to access the meeting.
- Chromebooks - As a reminder, you can pick up or exchange Chromebooks and MiFi devices at 45 West Gude Drive from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. every weekday. Families should wear masks and bring their child’s student ID number with them. For the technical needs of any student or parent during remote learning, please call 240-740-7022.
- Distribution of Meals - MCPS has established over 20 locations where students can receive nutritious meals on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays (with meals for Thursday), and Friday from 11am - 1pm. The closest locations to our students include Northwest High School, Gaithersburg High School, Gaithersburg Middle School, and Brown Station Elementary School. See the MCPS Meals Website for full details.
- AP Exams and Materials - This year's exams will now be May 11th - May 22nd and details about all each exam along with review materials can be found in the links below. All exams will be completed online through a 45-minute exam or via Digital Portfolio Submission (for certain classes).
- School System and Community Resources - MCPS has also prepared a list of school system and community resources for families during this extended school closure.
- Athletics - Updated Statement from MPSSAA (April 28th) concerning the status of interscholastic athletics. All athletic events for the remainder of the year have been cancelled.
- Yearbook Information - Receiving and Questions
- QOTV at Home Edition for 5/8/2020 - Teacher Appreciation Form - Senior Edition on 5-22-20
- Prowler May 2020 Issue - 2020 Senior Issue - Previous Issues
Summer School Health
QO is offering a Hybrid Summer Comprehensive Health Course for Incoming 10th Graders from July 20th - August 7th. Details can be found in the form or contact Brook_N_Aranda@mcpsmd.org for more information.
Signs of Suicide
The Counseling Department and the School Staff are planning to start the Signs of Suicide program with students on Thursday, March 5th, additional details about the program are available in the documents below.
Sprint 1 Million Project - Internet at Home
Do you have difficulty completing your work due to lack of internet at home? If so, you may qualify for a free device from Sprint! You must be - enrolled in an MCPS HS, not have reliable internet at home (no access, multiple students with 1 computer, dial up only), and meet income requirements. If eligible you can receive a device from Sprint with 10GB per month of free high-speed LTE data. Unlimited data is provided at 2G speeds if usage exceeds 3GB in a month. Get more information in the flyers – English, French, and Spanish.
Students can access resources shared during past QO.U classes by clicking here.
Student and Parent Portal
Need to access the MCPS Parent Portal or MCPS Student Portal, need more information about this - get all the details on the myMCPS Information Page. This page has information about setting up your account, what you can access via the portal and detailed instructions for using the portal. To access grades and class information through the MCPS Classroroom go to https://mcpsmd.instructure.com and to access attendance and long term information go to the Student/Parent portal https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/. If you are having issues with your account or need your login information, please contact Mrs. Jennifer Nicholson, Media Specialist, via email to Jennifer_R_Nicholson@mcpsmd.org.
Students in need of Student Service Learning hours can look for current opportunities on the bulletin board in the red hallway on the first floor and sign-up for text or email reminders from remind.com - sign-up by texting @mrstshel to 81010. You may also look on the MCPS SSL website to view ongoing opportunities. All opportunities with a purple graduation cap are already approved by MCPS. If there is no graduation cap make sure you submit the Individual Student Service Learning Request form prior to serving your volunteer hours. See Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities. More information can be found here.