- Wednesday, 8/28 - New Student Cookout from 6-7pm in front of the school
- Wednesday, 8/29 - New Student Parent Meeting from 7-8pm in the Auditorium
- Thursday, 8/29 - 9th Grade Orientation from 7:30-11:30am - buses will run, see routes below
- Tuesday, 9/3 - First Day of School
- Senior Fees - Get a head start and pay your senior fees TODAY - Full details are in the flyer. Fees can ONLY be paid online at the low price of $55 through October 31st.
- Parking Permit Applications - Applications for Fall Semester Parking Permits are now available. The forms and process have changed, please read carefully through the forms and information. Applications are due by Monday, September 9th.
- Season Pass Orders - get your pass today so you aren't waiting in line this year! Passes are a great way to save money and time. Orders can be done online or by submitting a paper order form and cash/check.
- Fall Sports HAVE STARTED - Additional information can be found on:
- Senior Portraits - Information was distributed to seniors, if students or parents have any questions or concerns about senior portraits, please call Lifetouch/Prestige Portraits Customer Service Dept. at 410-644-7700 or 1-800-445-1189.
Summer "Mailing" Items
We are currently adding items for this year's Summer "Mailing" to our website, items currently uploaded are:
Get a head start on the summer assignments for English classes and many of our AP classes in 2019-2020. A full list of classes and the information for each assignment can be found on our Summer Assignments page. Classes who have assignments include - English (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, AP Lit, and AP Lang), AP Computer Science Principles and Programming, AP Music Theory, AP Studio Art, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP NSL, AP US History, French 5, AP French, AP Spanish Language, and AP Spanish Literature.
Parking Permit Applications
The Parking Permit Application and process have changed for the 2019-20 school year. Please read carefully through the information on the application posted online. Applications are due by Monday, September 9th, make sure that your completed application includes all pieces and signatures.
Students can access resources shared during past QO.U classes by clicking here.
Student and Parent Portal
Need to access the MCPS Parent Portal or MCPS Student Portal, need more information about this - get all the details the the myMCPS Information Page. This page has information about setting up your account, what you can access via the portal and detailed instructions for using the portal. To access grades and class information through the MCPS Classroroom go to https://mcpsmd.instructure.com and to access attendance and long term information go to the Student/Parent portal https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/. If you are having issues with your account or need your login information, please contact Mrs. Jennifer Nicholson, Media Specialist, via email to Jennifer_R_Nicholson@mcpsmd.org.
Students in need of Student Service Learning hours can look for current opportunities on the bulletin board in the red hallway on the first floor and sign-up for text or email reminders from remind.com - sign-up by texting @mrstshel to 81010. You may also look on the MCPS SSL website to view ongoing opportunities. All opportunities with a purple graduation cap are already approved by MCPS. If there is no graduation cap make sure you submit the Individual Student Service Learning Request form prior to serving your volunteer hours. See Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities. More information can be found here.