Summer Online Pathway to Graduation
Overview | Current Offering | Registration | Requirements | Cost | Contact
The Summer Online Pathway to Graduation program is designed for MCPS high school students who are in need of additional credits to meet graduation requirements.
In this program, students will work to complete a semester course in five weeks. In contrast to summer school classes, these classes are not condensed. Students should expect to spend five hours per day per week on coursework.
For more information, click here.
Summer 2018—Monday, June 25, 2018, to Thursday, August 2, 2018 (5 weeks).
Mandatory student orientation – Monday, June 25, 2018 at 5:00pm..
- During orientation, students will receive a password and username.
- The orientation presentation will review the requirements for weekly attendance and assignment due dates and deadlines.
- Students who do not attend this orientation will be removed from the program and issued a full refund.
Algebra 1 A/B, Algebra 2 A/B, 2Yr Algebra 2 A/B, 2Yr Algebra 2 C/D, Geometry A/B, Quantitative Literacy A/B, Statistics A, Pre-Calculus A/B
World Languages (For Credit Recovery Only):
NOTE: If the program does not meet the required minimum enrollment, the program will be canceled and tuitions refunded.
Registration will open on April 6, 2018. Click here to complete the pre-registration form for Summer OPTG.
- Attend the mandatory orientation on Monday, June 25, 2018 at 5:00pm.
- Students must attend a check-in weekly at their assigned support center (CTI or Albert Einstein High School) and stay for a minimum one hour work session. Attendance will be recorded. Students who miss two check-ins are removed from the program.
- The support centers will be open for teacher support and testing from 5 pm to 7 pm, but only MONDAY through THURSDAY. (Centers are NOT OPEN on Friday.)
- The support centers follow the MCPS calendar for holiday closings.
- Students will need reliable access to the internet with either a laptop or desktop computer.
- Students may enroll in up to four half-credit (0.5 credit) courses.
- Students who are enrolled in multiple courses must take a unit test in each course weekly, including the first week.
- Students enrolled in the program should plan to work at least FIVE hours per day per course to meet the goal of course completion by the deadline in August.
- The last day for the program for students who wish to participate in summer graduation is August 2, 2018. For all other students, the last day for the program is August 9, 2018. Students who do not complete a course by the last day may enroll in the Online Pathway to Graduation (OPTG) program to complete any unfinished coursework.
Contact Info for Questions
Student Online Learning