MCPS Courses | AP Courses | Online Pathway to Graduation
Registering for the online MCPS courses (Comprehensive Health Education, Foundations of Technology A/B, and Foundations of Computer Science A/B) is a multi-step process. The Student eLearning office provides information about the MCPS registration process below on this page. For further information or clarification of a particular step, please contact the Student eLearning office at either 301-517-5921 or eLearning@mcpsmd.org. (See the menu on the left [desktop] or above [mobile] for accessing the Contact page for program contact information.)
☞ Registration forms for fall 2017 online FoT B, and FoCS B are still available. Registration for fall 2017 online Health, FoT A, and FoCS A are now closed.
☞ Check course schedule options before completing the Google form(s):
- Complete Google Form
- CHOOSE COURSE. Complete the Google Docs form for one of the following:
- Submitting the Google Docs form sends an e-mail to you with further instructions and an attached registration form in PDF format.
- Print the Attached Registration Form. The PDF form should be two pages.
- Obtain Required Signatures on Registration Form. Student, parent, and counselor must sign.
- Choose Payment Option. Follow instructions on form for chosen payment option.
- Option #1: Mail or hand-deliver a check or money order with the registration form directly to the Student eLearning office.
- Option #2: Make an online payment with a credit or debit card (MasterCard or Visa) after registration confirmation (see Step 2 below). Submit the registration form by itself to the Student eLearning office. The primary e-mail address will receive a registration confirmation e-mail with instructions on how to make an online payment.
- Submit Completed Form to the Student eLearning Office.
- The Student eLearning office processes completed/signed forms in the order received.
- Student will be registered after the Student eLearning office processes the completed/signed form.
- Make Payment & Verify Registration
Notes: 1) If you mailed a check with your printed PDF form, do not make a duplicate payment. 2) Do not make an online payment until registration is confirmed.
- Read Automated E-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org: “Student eLearning – Registration Confirmation”
- The e-mail message contains the instructions for making online payments, course title, section title/number, start and end dates of the course, and location and times for the required face-to-face meetings. Verify that your schedule is open for the face-to-face meetings.
- Make Online Payment, if you have not already paid by check.
- The MCPS online payment system requires you to create an account with them.
- Payment (online or check) must be received within four (4) business days of registration confirmation. If there is no payment, the student will be withdrawn from the course roster.
- Wait for Course to Start
- One week before the course starts, your online teacher will contact you with an e-mail message containing important information and instructions for accessing the course.
- If you do not receive an e-mail from your online teacher, contact the Student eLearning office.
Students are registered in the order that the completed forms are received by the Student eLearning office.
Registering for the online AP courses involves the following steps:
- Discuss the AP course's eligibility requirements with a guidance counselor.
- Contact (phone or e-mail) the Student eLearning office about AP course interest.
- Complete the Google form called "Online Advanced Placement Pre-registration Approval Form." These online AP courses are only selected courses approved by MCPS and MSDE. The Google form will e-mail you a filled-out PDF file that you need to print.
- Obtain the required signatures on the form.
- Submit the completed form with signatures to the Student eLearning office.
- Subsequently receive information (e-mail) on how to enroll in the AP course offered through a particular vendor.
- Enroll in the AP course(s) through the vendor and pay the vendor directly.
See the AP Courses page for more information.
Online Pathway to Graduation Program
Registration for OPTG is now OPEN.
Registering for the Online Pathway to Graduation program involves the following steps:
- Contact a counselor at your high school.
- Complete and sign all forms.
- Mail or fax the completed forms to:
- Montgomery County Public Schools
Department of Career Readiness and Innovative Programs
850 Hungerford Drive, Room 254
Rockville, MD 20850
- Fax: 301-294-6439.
- You will be contacted by OPTG with an orientation start date.
Only students who need 3 credits or fewer to graduate may participate in the Online Pathway to Graduation program.