Test Prep Book
Students are assigned to a testing site based on their
home high school. The same tests will be administered
at all sites and results given to the appropriate program
Students who currently attend middle
school magnet programs at Roberto Clemente, Eastern,
or Takoma Park middle schools, a middle school other
than their assigned middle school, or a private school
may use the School Assignment Locator to locate their
home high school cluster and identify the testing site.
Test at Montgomery Blair HS if your home high school is:
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase
- Montgomery Blair
- James Hubert Blake
- Albert Einstein
- John F. Kennedy
- Paint Branch
Test at Richard Montgomery HS if your home high school is:
- Walter Johnson
- Col. Zadok Magruder
- Richard Montgomery
- Thomas S. Wootton
- Walt Whitman
Test at Poolesville HS if your home high school is:
- Quince Orchard
- Seneca Valley
- Watkins Mill
Testing Dates and Times
All applicants must report to their assigned testing site
on Saturday, December 2, 2017, between 7:45-8:00
a.m. (Snow Date: December 9, 2017). No contact
will be made to confirm this testing date.
are unable to test on Saturday because of religious reasons
will be able to test on Sunday, December 3, 2017 at Richard Montgomery High School. Written requests
for the alternate test date must be submitted to the
program coordinator with the application. A telephone
contact from the coordinator will confirm testing on this
If the applicant requires testing accommodations, a copy
of the Individualized Education Program (IEP), Section
504 Plan, or English Language Learner (ELL) Plan that
specifies the accommodations MUST be submitted with
the application. The program coordinator will contact the
applicant or parent/guardian to discuss accommodations
and times. Special needs testing: December 3, 2017,
8:00–11:00 a.m., at Richard Montgomery High School.
Helpful Testing Information for Grade 8 Applicants:
- Grade 8 applicants have alternative options for testing should they require a different location.
- Applicants are assigned a location for testing based on their home high school, (see application, page 4).
- If an applicant is unable to get to the suggested testing location, they may call one of the three magnet programs to arrange to take the test at another location -- Poolesville HS: 240-740-2419; Richard Montgomery HS: 301-610-8100; Blair HS: 301-649-8240. (This is necessary to ensure materials are available at each test site location)
- NEW THIS YEAR –MCPS bus transportation is being provided from Clarksburg, Seneca Valley, and Watkins Mill high schools for any student needing a ride to Poolesville HS on Saturday, December 2.
- A bus will depart each school promptly at 7:00 AM to get to Poolesville HS by 7:45 to ensure students are seated for testing by 8 AM.
- The bus will return students to the original high school location at the conclusion of testing; departing around 11:00 AM.
- Families are responsible for arranging a ride home from the five locations.
- If interested, reserve your seat no later than Monday, Nov. 27 by contacting the Poolesville Magnet Coordinator @ 240-740-2419.
- Make-up testing is provided for students who are unable to test on Saturday. Students may test on Sunday, December 3, 2017 at Richard Montgomery High School. Written requests for the alternate test date must be submitted to the program coordinator with the application. A telephone contact from the coordinator will confirm testing on this alternate date.
More information is available on page 4 of your application packet.