To find out your child's home school, use the School Assignment Tool or call the Judy Center at 301-284-4170.
What makes Judy Centers special is that their services are offered on site at Summit Hall Elementary. In addition to offering this convenience, Judy Centers use a “whole child” approach to address the many variables that can influence a young child’s readiness for Kindergarten.
Family Services and Support
The Judy Center offers year around early childhood programs for children from birth to five and their families. We also offer support in the following areas:
- Assistance in obtaining medical/dental insurance for your child
- Assistance in finding licensed child care in Montgomery County
- Access to healthy meals/snacks
- Childhood medical/dental screenings
- Playgroups for children and their families (children ages 0 - 4)
- Assistance with identifying employment opportunities for parents/guardians
- Assistance with career and life planning for parents/guardians
- Assistance with enrolling in English classes, GED classes, college, and trade school courses for parents/guardians
- Support for pregnant mothers and expecting fathers
- Assistance with enrolling into MCPS PreKindergarten and Head Start
- Summer Learning Activities for children 0-4
- Free books and other learning materials for young children
- Parent Education Workshops
Childcare Provider Support
The Judy Center also supports our partner childcare providers who serve children that reside within our school zone. Judy Center support includes:
- Supporting childcare providers with gaining access to community supports that are available for participation in Maryland Excels.
- Supporting childcare professionals with learning opportunities to improve instructional and caregiving practices at their childcare facility.
- Opportunities to participate on the Judy Center Steering Committee and other professional learning opportunities offered through partners of the Judy Center.
- Extending participation in parenting workshops, service coordination, family support and evening family activities to childcare families who reside within the Summit Hall Elementary School attendance area.
By offering a holistic approach and making it as easy as possible for children and their families to access services, Judy Centers prepare young children for school, help adults become better parents and benefit everyone in Maryland by improving the quality of life for families with young children. (Source: Maryland State Department of Education)