Is Masonry for You?
- Do you like to build things?
- Do you like working with your mind as well as your hands?
- Do you like to create things and see your finished work that will be around for many years?
- Are you interested in the chemistry of cement and brick manufacturing?
About the Program
The Masonry program provides opportunities for students to learn a variety of skills related to brick and block construction. Students gain practical work experience by participating in the student-built house project. By completing this program, students are eligible to receive credit at Montgomery College in the Construction Technology program, as well as industry recognized credentials through the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER). An approved apprenticeship program, on-the-job training and/or a career as a brick mason are also options for students who complete this program.
Sample Course Plan for Masonry
Certifications/Awards for Completing High School Plan
- National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) Certification
- OSHA-10 Certification
Local Colleges Offering a Continuation of the Program