Skip to main content

Enroll an International Student

international student  

Guide to the Enrollment Process

Students age 7 and older, who have not attended a U.S. school anytime during the prior two years, must contact the International Admissions and Enrollments Office at 301-230-0686 for enrollment.


Frequently Asked Questions

What documents should I bring to International Admissions and Enrollments (IAE) to begin the admissions process?

Please see the MCPS How To Enroll web site.

Are parents required to come with their children for the admissions process at IAE?

Yes. A parent must accompany the child during the admission process to provide information about the minor and to receive information about MCPS.
Students who are 18 years or older and living independently from their parents do not need to be accompanied by a parent.

Does MCPS accept students from exchange student organizations?

Yes. MCPS admits students for up to one school year to students who have met the requirements for admissions and who are sponsored by an approved exchange student organization. The official local representative of the exchange student organization is responsible to apply for admission by contacting IAE.

Download exchange students guidelines Adobe PDF icon square

Are there any deadlines for the enrollment of international students in MCPS?

No. International students may be admitted into school as soon as they settle in Montgomery County. However, the deadline for applications of exchange students and I-20 applicants for F1 student visa is as follows:
Fall enrollment: June 30
Spring enrollment: December 15

How does International Admissions and Enrollments assign students to schools?

Students in MCPS attend the school that serves the students living in a particular community. The boundaries of the home school are determined by the Board of Education. International Admissions and Enrollment usually assigns students to their home school. However, students will be referred to the Consortia Office if residing within the consortium schools. Students who are English language learners are assigned to schools with intensive English centers.

^ Back to Top

Related Links

^ Back to Top