Athletics → Parent/Student → Forms
Athletics Online Registration
- Starting Monday October 16, 2017, the myMCPS Parent Portal link for Winter Athletic Registration opens for parents/guardians to go on-line and register their student athletes for winter sports at their local high school, parents must login through the portal to access the registration.
- The portal takes the place of almost all of the MCPS required specific forms for participation in the interscholastic athletics program that are listed below. These forms are also available en Español online and through the portal.
- Parent/guardians click here for step by step instructions on how to register your winter student-athlete for interscholastic athletics.
Required Forms for Student Participation in Athletics
Students must complete and submit the following forms prior to participating in practices or tryouts. Check with your school for the procedure of turning in completed forms.
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form (MCPS Form SR-8) - The Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form is valid for one year (for high school athletes) and two years (for middle school athletes) from the date of the exam, and covers participation for all sports within that time period. Students submit only the last page to the school/coach (Clearance Form). Schools keep the forms on file. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online.
- Medical Card for Athletes (MCPS Form 560-30) -This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
- Student-Parent Participation Contract and Parent Permission Form (for High School) - The form includes information that student-athletes and parents are required to review, including reference to the Health/Safety section of the MCPS Athletics website. This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
- Middle School Parent/Guardian Permission Form - This form is for parents/guardians of middle school students who wish to participate in the middle school interscholastic athletics program. The form should be filled out and returned to the coach before students can participate.
Required Concussion, Baseline Testing, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Forms
Please refer to the Concussion, Baseline Testing, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Parent packet available in the Health and Safety Section.
Additional Forms for Students