- How up to date is the Directory?
- My information in the directory is wrong. How can I correct it?
- Can I access the Staff Directory from my home computer?
- After I find an employee, how do I find out who they work for or report to?
- How do I find the work location address of an employee?
- How does the keyword search work?
- What if I have other questions?
1. How up to date is the Directory?
All MCPS staff (almost 22,000) are listed in the Directory. Each night the Directory database is updated with information from the Human Resources Information System (HRIS). Use the Simple Search to find an employee by name. Additional information is added by the Phone Directory Manager in each school and office.
2. My information in the directory is wrong. How can I correct it?
Each location has a Phone Directory Manager (often the Administrative Secretary) who can change certain information about their staff (such as preferred name, title, phone number) and location (address, mission statement, URL).
There are two ways to contact your Phone Directory Manager:
Other changes (such as last name, title, home phone number) must be made using the 'Change in Personal Information' form (MCPS Form 445-1). It is also available from the update my info page. Fill it out and submit to the Employee and Retiree Service Center, as indicated on the form. Information from this form will be included in the nightly directory database update from HRIS information.
3. Can I access the Staff Directory from my home computer?
Yes. Anyone -- including students, parents, and the community -- can access the Staff Directory from any computer on the Internet.
4. After I find an employee, how do I find out who they work for or report to?
If the employee works in a school, click on the name of the school listed under the employee's name. A pop-up window will list all school staff, including administrators.
If the employee works in a non-school based office, click on the Office Org Chart link under the employee's name. The Office Org Chart will identify the office in which the employee works and list all divisions, departments, and units within that office.
5. How do I find the work location address of an employee?
For school employees, click on the name of the school listed under the employee's name. The school address will be listed in a pop-up window.
For office employees, click on the name of the employee's office listed under the employee's name. The office name and staff will be listed in a pop-up window.
6. How does the keyword search work?
The purpose of the keyword search is to enable you to find the right office for a specific function without having to know the formal name of the office. Offices have supplied keywords to define their function. When you enter a word into the search box, the search engine searches those keywords and lists offices with your word in their keyword list. For example, a search using the term "bilingual" returns a list of the following offices: American Indian Education Program, Bilingual Assessment Team, Division of ESOL/Bilingual Programs, ESOL/Bilingual Programs. Note: the accuracy of this search is dependent on the keywords supplied by offices.
7. What if I have other questions?
Contact the MCPS Call Center for parents and community at 301-309-6277