Management, Budget, and Planning → Public Hearings on the Operating Budget
Public Hearings on the Operating Budget
Parents, students, staff, and community members are able to comment on the proposed budget at Board of Education hearings.
When and where do the hearings take place?
Public hearings on the Operating Budget for Fiscal Year 2014 are scheduled for the following dates:
- Thursday, January 10, 2013, at 7 p.m. in the Carver Educational Services Center (CESC) auditorium
- Thursday, January 17, 2013, at 7 p.m. in the Carver Educational Services Center (CESC) auditorium
- Directions to CESC
How can I participate in the hearings?
Individuals interested in testifying are able to register starting Monday, December 17, 2012 at 9 a.m., by calling 301-279-3617.
- A person calling to speak may reserve only one space.
- Individuals will receive three minutes to testify.
- Individuals and organizations may not cede time to others who have signed up or wish to sign up.
- The agenda for the hearing is closed when the maximum number of speakers is registered.
- Speakers are requested to submit their testimony to the Board of Education office at least 24 hours in advance of the hearing. If the testimony is not submitted in advance, speakers are requested to provide 20 copies of their statement at the hearing, for distribution to the Board, staff, and press.
- Public hearings are recorded, televised, and transmitted via webcast.