About this Lesson
READ 180 is an intensive reading intervention program designed to meet the needs of students whose reading achievement is below the proficient level. The program directly addresses individual needs through adaptive and instruction software, high-interest literature, and direct instruction in reading skills. (READ 180)
- The goal for using READ 180 is to facilitate the development of self-reliant proficient readers and writers.
- RI.6-8.2 Determine the central idea of a text and how it is conveyed through particular details; provide a summary of the text distinct from personal opinions or judgments.
Guiding Questions for Lesson
- How can technology be harmful?
- How can the harmful effects of technology be lessened?
- Students will be able to determine the main idea of informational text by analyzing the details to support their conclusion. They will respond to questions, stating and supporting opinions with reasons and explanations from the text.
For more information about this lesson: