Bridge to Algebra 2
Students in Bridge to Algebra 2 study:
- In Unit 1, students investigate different problem solving strategies and mathematical models, including many different types of representation to help solve problems.
- In Unit 2, linear functions and their properties are investigated, including lines of best fit and piecewise functions.
- In Unit 3, students investigate systems of linear equations and systems of linear inequalities.
- In Unit 4, students investigate quadratic functions, their properties, and techniques to solve them. The square root function is also explored.
- In Unit 5, exponential functions are explored and applications are investigated by students.
- In Unit 6, students study direct and inverse variation, including various representations and applications.
- In the optional Unit 7, students study probability and combinatorics.
Get an explanation of what your child will be learning in Bridge to Algebra 2 in the High School Course Bulletin.
The framework is a document showing what students will know and be able to do by the end of each course, as related to the Maryland State Standards.
MCPS uses one textbook county-wide in Bridge to Algebra 2:
"Bridge to Algebra 2," Pearson/Addison Wesley, Copyright 2008