Positive Work Environment
In order to sustain an organizational culture of respect, it is critical that all employees have an awareness, understanding, and tolerance of others' interests, viewpoints, culture, and background. This culture promotes a positive work environment that ensures the success of each employee, high student achievement, and continuous improvement in a self-renewing organization.
How to Make it Real: Examples
Ways to make R.E.S.P.E.C.T. real and create a positive work environment:
Start the day right
- Say "good morning" to a co-worker.
- Smile and say something positive to a co-worker when you begin your workday.
- Say, "I will be happy to find that out."
- Say, "I can help you with that."
Focus on the "can" and not the "can't"
- Don't say, "We can't..."
- Say, "Here's what we can do..." or "Here's how we can handle this..."
Share your trade secrets and skills
- Teach a co-worker how to do a task.
- Introduce a co-worker to someone who helps you to do a certain task.