Skip to main content

External Research Requests

Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) encourages education research and data collection to inform instructional and administrative decision making. Research and other data collection activities in schools and offices are subject to procedures described in Regulation AFA-RA, Research and Other Data Collection Activities in Montgomery County Public Schools Adobe PDF icon square.

For External Research Requests

Before considering a research request, please determine whether the data you are interested in is already publicly available.

Please review helpful tips about submitting an external research request (PDF).

If you are interested in conducting research in Montgomery County Public Schools, you must complete this online application.

Please be aware that the following regulation applies to external research requests: AFA-RA: Research and Other Data Collection Activities in Montgomery County Public Schools.

For Internal Data Collection Activity Requests

For requests for internal data collection activities, you must complete the following forms:

For information about internal data collection activities, please review:

For Internal Requests for Information or Support

To submit an internal requests for information or support, please complete the following form:

Please note that this form is for use my MCPS staff only. Public Inquiries for information should be directed to the Public Information and Web Services portal.

Contact Us

Applied Research and Evaluation Unit
Carver Educational Services Center
850 Hungerford Drive, Room 11
Rockville 20850

Phone: 240-740-2930

Staff Directory