Chief Financial Officer→ Investments → Defined Contribution Investment Committee
Defined Contribution Investment Committee
What is the Defined Contribution Investment Committee (DCIC)?
The Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) DCIC is responsible for developing and maintaining the investment menu for the voluntary retirement savings plans: the 403(b) and 457(b) plans. Major responsibilities of the DCIC include:
- Review the investment menu structure and design and recommend changes as necessary;
- Monitor and evaluate investment fund performance;
- Select and/or replace investment fund options;
- Monitor expenses for investment fund options and the administrative services provider; and
- Create the Investment Policy Statement and review it on a periodic basis.
The DCIC consists of seven members. The chief financial officer is an ex officio member of the committee. Each of the associations, SEIU Local 500, MCEA, and MCAAP/MCBOA recommend one person to serve on the committee. The remaining three members are from the community with professional backgrounds in investing. The Board of Education appoints members for three-year terms.
The DCIC meets four times a year. Generally, three of the meetings are via teleconference and one meeting is in person. The meetings are from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
2019 Meeting Schedule
- Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Friday, May 31, 2019 – in person, 12:30 p.m., Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Drive, Room 134, Rockville, MD 20850
- Friday, August 9, 2019
- Friday, November 8, 2019
Contact Ms. Cathy S. Jewell if you would like dial-in instructions for a DCIC meeting being held by teleconference.
Please be advised that part of the meetings may be held in closed session in accordance with Maryland's Open Meetings Act.