APRIL 19, 2010: This morning, students at Quince Orchard High School were evacuated after an odor of gas was detected near one of the science labs. The fire department was called to investigate. No leak was discovered at the time, but as a precaution, the gas to the building was shut off and will remain off for the rest of the school day.
Students were kept out of the building for about an hour, and there were no injuries reported.
All after-school activities in the building have been canceled today so that the gas can be turned back on and the source of any gas leak can be determined and repaired.