The Board of Education today [Monday, August 25] approved the following administrative appointments:
* Elizabeth R. Brown, currently program supervisor, K-12 English/Language Arts, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, as director, Pre-K-12 Curriculum Development Team, Department of Curriculum and Instruction.
* Mary B. Dempsey, currently administrative assistant, Office of Student and Community Services, as coordinator, Alternative Programs at the McKenney Hills Center.
* Terri L. Doane, currently instructional specialist, Office of Staff Development, as program supervisor, Special Education Instruction, Department of Curriculum and Instruction.
* Nancy A. Lucas, currently human resources specialist, Office of Human Resources, as coordinator, Preschool Placement and Assessment, Division of Placement and Assessment Services.
* Lorene Mayes-Winslow, currently acting supervisor, special education, Division of Programs and Services, as supervisor, Division of Programs and Services, Department of Special Education.
* Dr. Robert E. Robison, currently coordinator of programs, Worthington Schools, Worthington, Ohio, as program supervisor, Foreign Language, Department of Curriculum and Instruction.
* Cynthia R. Weitz, currently instructional specialist, team leader, Interdisciplinary Augmentative Communication Team (InterACT), Office of Student and Community Services, as coordinator, Infants and Toddlers Program, North Lake Center.
* Nasser Zureick, currently managing director, Maryland Technology Group, LLC, as program manager for business systems, Office of Global Access Technology.