Recycle Inkjet Cartridges
The Department of Materials Management will recycle both color and black inkjet printer cartridges.Simply follow these easy recycling instructions:
- Collect used inkjet cartridges (color and black).
- Email Orlando Taylor to request recycling labels.
- Place each cartridge in a sealed ziploc bag.
- Place bags in a small cardboard box.
- Attach a DMM Inkjet Recycling Label to the outside of the box.
- PONY the box to the DMM Warehouse.
Order Recycled (Remanufactured) Ink and Toner
Don't blow up your printer! Be sure you order the correct cartridge for your specific printer model. Check the contract summary for Remanufactured Toner Cartridges before you buy. Once you know the right cartridge to order, place your order through FMS. Search "REMAN" for the list of available cartridges.
To recycle used toner cartridges, simply pack them up, mark "Warehouse - Recycle" on the box, and send through the Pony.
Recycling Other Items
Be sure to visit the School Energy & Recycling Team site for information on many recycling opportunities.
- Fluorescent Lamp Recycling Boxes. To recycle fluorescent lamps, return your current box or request a new one, using the form below.
- Batteries. You may send small, rechargeable batteries (e.g., NiCd, Li, and Lead-acid batteries found in radios, laptops, cell phones, etc.) that are sealed, intact and have no leaks. Send through the Pony to Richard Benjamin, SERT, Department of Facilities Management. Not sure if your batteries are recyclable? Email Recycling for assistance.
- Drive for Supplies. This Learn Shop, Inc. program encourages students to donate used, but usable, school supplies.