SERT Spotlight, our main electronic communication tool, is where you'll find all SERT-related news and information on a consistent monthly basis. We also email important reminders as needed.
If your school's SERT/Green Team is doing something wonderful, let us know. We would love to share your story with our readers. Email your photographs and/or a few paragraphs about what you're doing to SERT@mcpsmd.org.
Click here or for the current issue or click on an image below to read our past issues, and click here to join our mailing list.
Click here or on the image below to view the 2016-2017 School Year flip book containing all issues, or click on an specific monthly issue below.
- JUNE 2017 - Summer shutdown; energy- and money-saving tips for summer; WATTS UP? poster contest winners; and Great Seneca Creek ES
- MAY 2017 - Peak Load Management (PLM); second quarter energy award winners; LEAD BY EXAMPLE campaign winners; GOT PAPER? contest, Green School and Green Ribbon certifications
- APRIL 2017 - Earth Day; renewable energy; recycling reminders for spring; and MAEOE Youth Summit
- MARCH 2017 - Earth Hour; turn off the lights; Little Bennett ES; and Great Seneca Creek ES
- FEBRUARY 2017 - WATTS UP? poster contest; first quarter energy award winners; understanding the universal recycling symbols; second semester calendar; and Greencastle ES
- JANUARY 2017 - LEAD BY EXAMPLE campaign; the importance of shutdown checklists; recycling reminders for winter; and first semester shoutouts
- DECEMBER 2016 - Extra steps to take during the winter; when to open and shut your blinds; Recycling 101: what you can and can't recycling in MCPS; and Benjamin Banneker MS
- NOVEMBER 2016 - How MCPS reduces its greenhouse gas emissions; fourth quarter energy award winners; holiday lighting; reduce, reuse, recycle; Terina Garcia joins SERT
- OCTOBER 2016 - Pepco WaterShed; updated MCPS Environmental Sustainability Plan; annual recycling awards; recycling yard waste; election day reminders; Linda McLaughlin joins SERT; and the introduction of Spotlight
Prior to the introduction of Spotlight in 2016, SERT's communication tool was the Flash. This piece is retired now but our past issues will always be available here. For easy reference, we've sorted and consolidated the archive by topic. Please refer to Spotlight for up-to-date news from the SERT program.
Click here to view the all Flash issues chronologically in a flip book or click on individual topics below: