Voluntary/Involuntary Teacher Transfers & Returns from Leave
Each spring the teacher transfer season occurs, providing employees the opportunity to transfer to other schools and locations. In addition, employees returning from leave or those who have been involuntarily transferred have an opportunity to interview for vacancies for which they are qualified and interested.
Priority Placement (teacher-level) Information Meeting
Monday, March 11, 2019: 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Richard Montgomery High School
Teacher Transfer Job Fairs:
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019 and Wednesday, March 13, 2019: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Title I elementary schools – Interviews held at Title I schools (Arcola, Bel Pre, Cresthaven, Brookhaven, Burnt Mills, Capt. James E. Daly, Clopper Mill, Gaithersburg, Georgian Forest, Harmony Hills, Highland, Jackson Road, JoAnn Leleck at Broad Acres, Kemp Mill, New Hampshire Estates, Roscoe R. Nix, Oak View, Rolling Terrace, Sargent Shriver, South Lake, Strathmore, Summit Hall, Twinbrook, Washington Grove, Watkins Mill, Weller Road Wheaton Woods Whetstone)
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019 and Wednesday, March 13, 2019: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Innovative School Calendar – Interviews held at the schools (Arcola, Roscoe Nix)
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019 and Wednesday, March 13, 2019: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Elementary Language Immersion – Interviews held at the schools (Bayard Rustin, Brown Station, Burnt Mills, Kemp Mill, Maryvale, Oakland Terrace, Potomac, Rock Creek Forest, Rolling Terrace, Sligo Creek, Washington Grove, William Tyler Page)
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019 and Wednesday, March 13, 2019: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Secondary Schools with 45% or more of students receiving free and reduced meals – Interviews held at the schools (A. Mario Loiederman, Argyle, Benjamin Banneker, Eastern, Francis Scott Key, Forest Oak, Gaithersburg, Col. E. Brooke Lee, Montgomery Village, Newport Mill, Neelsville, Parkland, White Oak middle schools, John F. Kennedy, Northwood, Springbrook, Wheaton, Watkins Mill high schools)
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019 and Wednesday, March 13, 2019: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Special Schools – Interviews held at (Alternative Education Programs – All three sites, Carl Sandburg Learning Center, John L. Gildner Regional Institute for Children and Adolescents, Longview School, Rock Terrace School, Stephen Knolls School)
- Monday, March 18, 2019: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Interviews held at Northwest High School – All Upcounty elementary schools in the following clusters (Clarksburg, Churchill, Damascus, Gaithersburg, Col. Zadok Magruder, Northwest, Poolesville, Quince Orchard, Richard Montgomery,, Seneca Valley, Walter Johnson, Watkins Mill and Thomas S. Wootton)
- Monday, March 18, 2019: 4:00-7:00 p.m. Interviews held at Paint Branch High School – All Middle Schools
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019: 4:30-7:30 p.m. Interviews held at Montgomery Blair High School – All Downcounty elementary schools in the following clusters (Bethesda-Chevy Chase, Downcounty Consortium, Northeast Consortium, Rockville, Sherwood, and Walt Whitman)
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019: 3:30-6:30 p.m. Interviews held at Watkins Mill High School - All High Schools
- May 1, 2019: The state of Maryland deadline for non-tenured teachers to resign without breach of contract.
- July 15, 2019: The state of Maryland deadline for tenured teachers to resign without breach of contract.
- July 22, 2019: The teacher-level voluntary transfer season closes at 5:00 p.m.
MCPS Careers is the online system voluntary and involuntary transfers and those returning from leave use to search and apply for positions. Employees log in at www.mcpscareers.org using their Outlook user name and password. Employees should contact the Help Desk at 301-517-5800 if they need assistance with their user name or password. It is expected that all employees seeking a voluntary or involuntary transfer and those due to return from leave use MCPS Careers.