COVID-19 Information → MCPS COVID-19 School Dashboard
The COVID-19 dashboard provides systemwide and individual school data on positive COVID-19 cases among students and staff, as well as the number of students in quarantine. MCPS tracks staff and student COVID-19 case and quarantine data, as reported by schools and offices. An explanation of common terms is below:
These resources provide multiple health metrics that combined, display data used to guide the continued conversations about the safe return to school buildings and offices
MCPS has data suppression rules to protect student confidentiality when publishing small numbers. For students who have been in quarantine and for those in active quarantine, any number less than 10 will be noted with a (-).
MCPS is publishing COVID-19 cases by school as a public health service. All COVID-19 staff and student COVID-19 cases will be displayed on this dashboard.
MCPS will update the COVID-19 School Dashboard weekly on Wednesdays. School notifications will continue to happen as cases are identified.
Clicking on the location again will return the dashboard back to displaying data for all locations.
The information in this dashboard contains data from the beginning of the 2021-2022 school year, August 31 to Nov. 26, 2021
*Click on individual school names for information specific to that school.
* Data is updated Wednesday of each week.
* Case numbers in this dashboard reflect cases identified and managed by Montgomery County Public Schools.
* For students who have been in quarantine and for those in active quarantine, any number less than 10 will be noted with a (-) due to MCPS data suppression rules.
* During the first two weeks of the school year, in
accordance with the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) guidance, some students entered quarantine based on close
contact with someone who had COVID-19 symptoms.
As a result of that earlier guidance some schools have numbers for students in quarantine but zero positive cases.
* Case notification letters are posted to the website on an ongoing basis, but numbers on the dashboard are only updated on Wednesdays from the previous week?
* Case notification letters may not match case numbers in the dashboard for a number of reasons including a return of a false positive test result or a letter concerning an aftercare program. The case notification website will have all letters that have been sent by principals to inform their community.