John Poole Middle School Athletics Information
Athletics Program Information
The MCPS middle school interscholastic athletic program is a planned extension of the physical education instructional and intramural programs. Although the athletic program offers a higher level of competition, its primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for advanced skill development for all students with interests and/or talents in athletics. This program provides sports competition against other middle schools in our area after school.
John Poole Middle School offers four different sports to both boys and girls. Interscholastic athletics are open to all 7th and 8th grade students. The sports which are offered include softball and cross country in the Fall, basketball in the Winter and Soccer in the Spring. Sports teams are put together based on tryouts. If you have any questions about the program, please direct them to the Athletic Coordinators.
All practices are held on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 2:45 - 4:05 p.m.
- Students must have a 2.0 GPA
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form (MCPS Form SR-8)
- Permission forms signed
JPMS Athletic Coordinators
- Ms. Gerrie, JPMS Physical Education & Health Teacher
- Mr. Willett, JPMS Physical Education & Health Teacher
2019-2020 Schedule Information
All MCPS Middle School Schedules can
be found online here
Athletic Forms and Documents
- Middle School Parent/Guardian Permission Form - This form is for parents/guardians of middle school students who wish to participate in the middle school interscholastic athletics program. The form should be filled out and returned to the coach before students can participate.
- Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form (MCPS Form SR-8) - The Pre-participation Physical Evaluation Form is valid for two years from the date of the exam at the middle school level. Students submit only the last page to the school/coach (Clearance Form). Schools keep the forms on file. A partial list of Clinics that offer Sports Physicals within the Montgomery County area is available online.
- Medical Card for Athletes (MCPS Form 560-30) -This form must be submitted for each sport in which the student wishes to participate.
- Transportation Permission Form (To Be Updated 9/18)
2019 - 2020 JPMS Team Information
|Co-Ed Cross Country