Welcome to the PTA
The Ritchie Park Elementary School Parent Teacher Association (RPES PTA) is vital to the success of our school. We provide many enriching events and activities for students, staff, and the school community both during and after-school. Programs such as Cultural Arts, Music and Dance Night, and International Night are all PTA-sponsored events. Our fundraising efforts are essential for funding these programs and also help the school through purchases of classroom equipment, supplies for the school, reimbursements to teachers for expenses, and much more. Another facet of the PTA is to advocate for our students and enable parents to voice their concerns to the Montgomery County Public School District (MCPS) and Montgomery County. All these efforts require parent volunteers. So please join us to make Ritchie Park a great experience for our children!
Join the PTA: Learn more about the PTA and download a form to join.
PTA Officers & Board of Directors: Contact information for the current PTA officers and Board of Directors
Fundraising Forum: There are lots of ways to help the PTA raise funds for our school. Activities range from eating out at Restaurant Night to cutting out Box Tops. Every little bit counts.
Archives: Links to past newsletters, meeting minutes, budgets
Stay in Touch : A to Z School Directory, Contact information for Grade Representatives, Sign up for the PTA eNews, Join our Facebook Group
How are we doing? Click here to send an anonymous comment for the PTA or the school.
Return to Top
Join the PTA
Join Ritchie Park ES PTA today! Membership is $15 per person. Download the membership form here. Thank you for supporting the PTA and helping to make Ritchie Park ES the best learning environment for our children!
The Ritchie Park ES Parent Teacher Association (RPES PTA) invites you to become a member of an organization that not only works for our children at the national, state, and local levels, but is also a great way to meet and connect with other RPES families. PTA is a wonderful way to get involved in your child's school. By joining the PTA, you will personally help support many wonderful programs and funding of needed supplies here at Ritchie Park ES.
Some of the ways our PTA contributes to our school are:
- Helping buy much needed supplies for our teachers and staff including software, books,and instructional materials
- Sponsoring educational, cultural, and social events like our Arts and Science Fair, Cultural Arts assemblies, International Night and Pizza Bingo
- Providing the Media Center with books, equipment and reading program funds
- Funding the PAVE program,Safety Patrols, and the Yearbook.
- Advocating for school needs to Montgomery County Public Schools, the Board of Education, and the Montgomery County and Rockville City Councils.
Other benefits of PTA Membership:
- Online parenting resources (visit www.pta.org)
- Exclusive National PTA sponsor offers (visit www.pta.org)
- Member-to-MemberNetwork connects you to Congress when help is needed on issues important to children, schools, and families
- Additional support through Maryland PTA (visit www.mdpta.org)
- Participation in examination of county-wide issues through the Montgomery County Council of PTAs
We welcome and need your involvement and participation in order to help make our events a success. PTA Meetings are scheduled for the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30 pm, generally in the All Purpose Room and we would love to see you there.
Return to Top
Should you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Kara Hall, VP Fundraising, email@example.com
Know of any grant or corporate donation possibilities? If so, let us know. Check with your employer’s human resource department to see if your employer participates in a program that will match the funds you give to the PTA.
Download the donation form here.
The INCREDIcard is a wallet sized card that acts as a continuous coupon to local restaurants. Purchase your card for $25 and gain exclusive access and continuous SAVINGS for 1 FULL YEAR! See a list of participating restaurants and purchase your card here. Feel free to share the link with your friends and family as well!
Contributing to your child's school is as easy as cutting tops of boxes of items you already have in your house. Find out more.
Everyone shops for groceries. Ritchie Park can benefit if you let your regular grocery store know you want to support Ritchie Park. Download the flyer here.
Get Your Spirit Gear
The PTA carries tie-dyed t-shirts, sweatshirt, water bottles and car magnets! Items are for sale at PTA sponsored events. Also, you can download the Order Form and send your payment into school. We now also take credit card payments! Contact Seth Crothers for more information.
- T-shirts: $12 each, sizes Youth M and L, Adult S to XL
- Sweatshirts: $22 each, sizes Youth M and L, Adult S to XL
- Water bottles: $10 each
- Car Magnets: $5 each
Return to Top
Ways to Volunteer
2013-2014 Open Chair Positions - the following Committees are still in need of a chair/co-chair
Return to Top
Stay in Touch
2013-14 Directory Forms
Access the AtoZ Online School Directory
Want to get the app on your smartphone? Follow these steps:
- Open your smart phone’s browser
- Enter the web addresswww.schooldirectoryupdate.com
- Enter the login credentials you received from your school via email
2013-14 Grade Representatives
What is a Grade Rep? They help:
- Develop email distribution list for parents/guardians in your child's grade
- Encourage support for school and PTA activities (volunteerism, participation, fundraising)
- Coordinate with Lead Teacher and Room Parents, as needed
- Coordinate money collection for parties and teacher gifts
Sign Up for the PTA Newsletter
The PTA eNews is filled with useful information, such as upcoming events, fundraising updates, and much more. This is the main way the PTA communicates with parents and teachers. This email list will also be where Ms. Long sends PAW Prints (Principal's Newsletter). If you have not received these emails check your spam folder and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts. Sign up so you'll be informed about what's happening at school. Subscribe
The newsletter policy is to advertise activities directly related to the PTA's approved budget, sponsored programs, schedule of events and MCCPTA delegate news/events.
RPES PTA Facebook Group
RPES PTA is getting social! Join our private Facebook group and get updates in your news feed, see upcoming event info, and be post questions and comments. Staying up-to-date is getting even easier! Search Facebook for Ritchie Park ES PTA,click here to join, or contact Julie Bethke to be sent an invite.
Return to Top
2013-2014 PTA Officers and Board of Directors
If you have any questions related to Ritchie Park or the PTA, feel free to contact any of these PTA officers:
The Board of Directors of the PTA also includes the following other members:
Committee Chairs: List of committee chairs will be coming.
Return to Home
Missed it?...Read past newsletters, minutes, and budget here.
2012-13 PTA Budget
2011-2012 PTA Meeting Minutes:
PTA Financial Documents
2010-2011 PTA Newsletters:
2010-2011 PTA Meeting Minutes:
Contact the Webmaster