Westland Middle School - myMCPS Portal, Grading and Reporting
The myMCPS Portal is a 21st century digital learning
environment specifically designed to meet the needs of staff, students, and
parents of Montgomery County Public Schools. From teaching and learning to
community outreach to professional development, myMCPS Portal is the next
generation classroom. Access to the myMCPS Portal is available
online and through a mobile app.
- Parents will receive activation information for their Parent Portal account in late August or during the first week of school by US Mail or email. Please be on the lookout for this important information. If you did not receive this information, please contact the school office.
- Students will activate their Student Portal account at school during the first week of school with their teachers. Student must use their school assigned screen name and password. Please do not change this data.
- View grades
- View student schedule
- Check daily attendance
- Update student emergency information
- Email teachers
- Check homework, assignments, tests
- View classroom announcements
- Access classroom documents/resources
- Email teachers
The department of technology integration and support has created
many user guides and video tutorials on how to use the student/parent portal
and myMCPS Classroom. See link here: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/mymcps-classroom/
Content: If you are unable to view class content beyond
grades, attendance and schedule you are likely only within the main portal
page. Please click on the applications icon (top right) which will give
you a link to myMCPS Classroom as an observer. This is where you will be
able to see course work that was assigned within the myMCPS Classroom platform
for your child.
At a minimum teachers will be using the portal to reports grades, assignments
and their syllabi. Additionally some may share classroom resources or
link to their google classrooms.
Grading and Reporting
Grading and Reporting Procedures
Gradebook's Additional Grading Codes
This page is maintained by the Westland Middle School's Web Team