It is the mission of the Northwest High School Counseling Department to advocate, collaborate, and facilitate individual and system change to ensure every student has the knowledge and skills necessary for academic success and personal growth. Meet our department!
Counseling Quick Links:
Montgomery College (MC) announces opportunity for a Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT). Offered at the Gudelsky Building on the MC Rockville Campus. Classes are held on Saturdays and begin on February 16, 2019. Application required. See your counselor or visit the College Career Information Center for an application and criteria. The deadline for application is February 1. | web post 15 January 2019 |
College Career Readiness & Postsecondary Plans Program for the Class of 2020. February 6, 2019. This program includes a session specific to the MC Dual Enrollment Program at 6 pm. The Navigating Senior Year Information Session presented by the Northwest Counseling Team begins at 7 pm. Northwest Auditorium. Snow/Rain date: Mon., Feb. 11 (same times). | web post 15 January 2019 |
The Northwest High School Counseling Team:
Jodi Edmunds, Resource Counselor
Counselor & Alpha Student Breakdown Grades 9-11:
Counselor & Alpha Student Breakdown Grade 12:
Counseling Support Staff:
Counseling Services & General Information:
The Counseling Department is open from 7:15 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Please call ahead to make an appointment. You are also invited to e-mail your child's counselor at the address provided below. Counseling Services include:
Academic & Personal Counseling (long term therapy is not provided)
College & Career Planning | College Readiness Newsletter PrepTalk
Coordination of Educational Management Team Meetings
Coordination of Parent/Teacher Conferences
Referral Services to Community Resources and Supports
The College Application Process at Northwest High School:
The Registrar's Office & Transcript Requests:
- College Transcript Request Form for Transcript Requests (This form includes release authorization and must be on file in the Registrar's Office.
- College Application Follow Up with Mid-Year Transcripts: You must complete a Mid-Year Transcript Request Form. If your college's delivery method is electronic, then your mid-year transcript will be sent electronically. All Common App schools require a Mid-Year transcript be sent. If your initial transcript was sent via US Mail, then follow directions on the Mid-Year Transcript form for providing an envelope to the Registrar's Office.
- Final Transcript Requests: The college you plan to attend will require a FINAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT. FINAL TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORMS will be available in the Registrar's Office after spring break. Please deliver a completed Final Transcript Request Form to the registrar before school, during lunch or after school in order to process your final request. There is NO CHARGE for this transcript. Final Transcripts will not be available until mid-July. |Revised Posting Sept. 20, 2018|
- Transcript & Recommendation Requests for Scholarships
- Selective Service Registration: Selective Service Registration for high school male students age 17 years and 3 months. Registration is quick, easy, and it's the law. Registrations processed on the 18th birthday.
New Student Enrollment Information:
The following links will provide new student's and parents to Northwest High School the required documents needed for enrollment:
How to Enroll Your Child in Montgomery County Public Schools:
New Student Enrollment Forms Requirement by the Northwest Counseling Department:
Additional information that may be required for Proof of Residency:
MC Home Page. Use this link to access the online application through admissions as well as Accuplacer testing information and MC financial aid. High school seniors applying to Montgomery College should plan to apply during the 'Application Fee Waiver' season October 1 to March 1.
NW + MC Early College Access (Early Placement) Program Information. Earning college credit during your senior year. Application begins during senior year class registration! Click here for program details.