Letters from Mrs. Working
- Now - Friday, 12/9 - Giving Tree Cards are available in the main lobby, details below!
- Monday, 12/5 - Friday, 12/9 - "Hour of Code": Come to room 128 during lunch to learn how to code on Code Studio! You can check it out at home by googling "Hour of Code" as well.
- Monday, 12/5 - Friday, 12/16 - Canned Food Drive, the 3 first period classes that bring in the most canned goods will win an IHOP breakfast!
- Friday, 12/9
- Unwrapped Giving Tree Gifts are due back to Mrs. Adams
- 4A Football State Championship vs. Wise HS at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, MD at 7:30 pm, tickets are $10! Pre-sale tickets can only be purchased online at https://gofan.co/app/school/MPSSAA, the parking lot will open at 5:30pm and the ticket booth and gate will open at 6:30pm
- Monday, 12/12 - Make dinner a selfless act by joining us for a fundraiser to support QOHS Publications (Literary Magazine, Yearbook, and Newspaper). Come in to the Chipotle in the Kentlands from 5-9pm and bring in this flyer, show it on your smartphone or tell the cashier you’re supporting QO Publications.
- Monday-Wednesday, 12/12-12/14 - Interested in being a part of the Spring musical, Footloose? Join us for an audition workshop on Thursday, December 8th, after school in the auditorium, to learn about our audition process. Auditions will be on, 13th (mandatory dance audition), and 14th. Please see the Drama Club board (1st floor, red hallway) for more info, including audition sign up sheets, how to get access to music audition sheets and tracks, pit auditions, and crew info.
The Giving Tree
The 7th annual Giving Tree is now taking place, help someone in need in our community by making their holiday season a little brighter. Trees and gifts cards are now in the main lobby, stop by, pick-up a card, write down your name and then SHOP! Bring back the unwrapped gift or gifts by December 9th to Mrs. Adams in room 128. Questions? Check out the full details!
QO Theatre is Holding Out for A Hero!
....many heroes, that is. Interested in being a part of the Spring musical, Footloose? Join us for an audition workshop on, after school in the auditorium, to learn about our audition process. Auditions will be on, 13th (mandatory dance audition), and 14th. All QO students of all ability levels are encouraged to audition. Please see the Drama Club board (1st floor, red hallway) for more info, including audition sign up sheets, how to get access to music audition sheets and tracks, pit auditions, and crew info. Cut loose and tear up this town with the QO Theatre!
Congratulations to the QO Juntos Team!
This year the QO team did an amazing job at the 17th Annual MCPS Latin Dance Competition taking home some serious trophies! Check them out!
- 1st place in the Jack & Jill
- 2nd Place in Merengue and Salsa
- 3rd place in Parent/Student, Cha Cha,
Bachata, and Group Senior Division competition.
Senior Class Items
Get started on the 2016-2017 school year by paying your senior fee TODAY, the fee is now $70 and you can pay online or pay via cash/check made payable to QOHS, drop off all cash/check payments to Mrs. Burdette - details in the flyer!
Obligations - CLEAR Them Early!
Students with obligations should make sure to clear them with the finance office as soon as possible. Students with obligations cannot purchase tickets to the homecoming dance or participate in athletics. Don’t wait! If you are not sure if you have an obligation please see Mrs. Lee in the finance office for a printout of your obligations.
Students in need of Student Service Learning hours can look for current opportunities on the bulletin board in the red hallway on the first floor and sign-up for text or email reminders from remind.com - sign-up by texting @mrstshel to 81010. You may also look on the MCPS SSL website to view ongoing opportunities. All opportunities with a purple graduation cap are already approved by MCPS. If there is no graduation cap make sure you submit the Individual Student Service Learning Request form prior to serving your volunteer hours. See Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities.
NEWS AND EVENTS
Our iSTEM/Engineering Club is excited to begin competing in local robotics competitions! We're looking for students interested in participating, parents and community members, especially engineers or programmers to volunteer and get involved. Or you can make a tax-deductible donation by mailing in a check or donating online. Full details are available on our details page.
ABOUT QUINCE ORCHARD
The mission of Quince Orchard High School, a diverse community, is to provide an excellent education in a safe, nurturing environment that challenges all students to embrace the highest standards of personal integrity and academic achievement. This will be accomplished through excellence in teaching and commitment to learning in partnership with family and community. More About Quince Orchard