- Saturday, 4/22 - There will be flower planting at the Pleasant View Historic Site across from the Kentlands on Darnestown Road from 9am to 1pm! All QO students are encouraged to attend! SSL hours are available for those who participate.
- Tuesday, 4/25 - Class of 2019 Cava Night Fundraiser! Come support the class of 2019 from 6-10pm at Cava in the Kentland's! Just say you are there to support QO.
- Tuesday, 4/25 - Concert Orchestra, Concert Choir, Concert Band, and Symphonic Band at 7pm in the Auditorium!
- Thursday, 4/27 - Symphonic Orchestra, QOveture, Chamber Singers, and Wind Ensemble at 7pm in the Auditorium!
- Friday, 4/28 - Jazz Cabaret at 7pm in the Cafeteria!
- Monday, 5/1 - Friday, 5/12 - AP Exams!
- Thursday, 5/4 - Montgomery College Scholarship due to the Main Office.
Details about May testing for the HSA and PARCC assessments is now available online.
- Buses - Deadline to sign up for Graduation Bus sign up. Buses will be provided by the PTSA. The cost is $18 per person. The form is available online, please return the form and payment (made out to Quince Orchard High School PTSA) to the PTSA Mailbox in the Main Office
- Extra Ticket Requests - Requests for Extra tickets must be sent via email to Ms. Heller by 4/28/17, each student automatically receives 5 tickets and the student does NOT need a ticket.
- Handicapped Voucher Requests - Requests for vouchers for special seating for handicapped and disabled guests must be sent via email to Ms. Heller by 4/28/17, vouchers are NOT tickets, these guests will need a ticket AND a voucher.
- General Information - The PowerPoint from the 4/4 meeting is available online and lots of information is also available on the QO Graduation 2017 page.
Poms Informational Meeting for 2017-2018
All girls and their parents who are interested in trying out for the 2017-2018 Pom Squad must attend an informational meeting on April 27th at 6pm in the Cafeteria. Details in the flyer, for more information contact Coach Kim Martin
- Mr. Nicholas Saadipour won the Montgomery County Board of Education's Distinguished Service to Public Education Award. The annual award was established to recognize and show appreciation to individuals, groups, and organizations that have made exemplary contributions to public education in Montgomery County. He will be presented with the award during a speical progarm on May 4th.
- Senior Laura Wagner is a finalist in the Montgomery County Commission For Women 2017 Girl Power Writing Contest!
- Elena Asofsky is a finalist in the Gaithersburg Book Festival short story contest! You can check out her story here! You can also place your votes on the website to nab her the "reader favorite" prize by clicking the heart button at the top of the page to the right of the title.
PTSA Montgomery College Scholarship
Any QO senior who is attending Montgomery College as a full time student in the Fall of 2017 is eligible to apply for a $500 scholarship towards their first year. If interested, you must complete the application and submit to the PTSA mailbox in the main office by May 4, 2017.
AP Book Drive
Hey Cougars! Have AP books that you are dying to get rid of, but don't know who to give them to? The National Honor Society is sponsoring an AP book drive from March through May! Drop off all your AP books that you don't need into the main office and support your fellow cougars as the AP tests approach!
MC Accuplacer Practice
Are you applying for Montgomery College? Are you planning on taking the MC Accuplacer? There is a required assessment for those wishing to enroll at MC in the fall of 2017. Need some extra test practice prior to taking the MC Accuplacer on April 20th? Come practice using Khan Academy or My Foundations Lab after school at 2:35pm in the Media center on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Graduation Announcement and Items
Order your announcements, class rings, thank you notes, and more online through Balfour today! It takes about two weeks for orders to be processed and sent, so don't delay, order online at www.Balfour.com
Senior Class Items
Get started on the 2016-2017 school year by paying your senior fee TODAY, the fee is now $80 and you can pay online or pay via cash/check made payable to QOHS, drop off all cash/check payments to Mrs. Burdette - details in the flyer!
Students in need of Student Service Learning hours can look for current opportunities on the bulletin board in the red hallway on the first floor and sign-up for text or email reminders from remind.com - sign-up by texting @mrstshel to 81010. You may also look on the MCPS SSL website to view ongoing opportunities. All opportunities with a purple graduation cap are already approved by MCPS. If there is no graduation cap make sure you submit the Individual Student Service Learning Request form prior to serving your volunteer hours. See Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities.
NEWS AND EVENTS
Our iSTEM/Engineering Club is excited to begin competing in local robotics competitions! We're looking for students interested in participating, parents and community members, especially engineers or programmers to volunteer and get involved. Or you can make a tax-deductible donation by mailing in a check or donating online. Full details are available on our details page.
ABOUT QUINCE ORCHARD
The mission of Quince Orchard High School, a diverse community, is to provide an excellent education in a safe, nurturing environment that challenges all students to embrace the highest standards of personal integrity and academic achievement. This will be accomplished through excellence in teaching and commitment to learning in partnership with family and community. More About Quince Orchard