Health Education Parent Meeting
will be an informational meeting for parents of 10th graders
currently enrolled in the Health class, who are interested in reviewing the
materials for the Family Life / Disease Units on Wednesday, April 1st at 4pm in
room 144A. A parent notification letter, with permission slip attached
were distributed to the Health classes on Tuesday, March 10.
- Thursday, March 26th -
- Spanish Honor Society Zumbathon - 2:30-4:30pm in the Cafeteria - cost is $5
- Parents Night Out with the Booster Club at Largent's - 6:30 - 10pm - Silent Auction, Mentalist Comedy Show, Food, and Fun!
- Tuesday, March 31st - Every 15 Minutes Program - The "mock" accident will take place during lunch, this is just a "mock" accident with "mock" accident victims. Get more details in the online flyer about this program aimed at increasing awareness of the dangers of drinking and driving, distracted driving, and destructive decisions.
Mixed Bag Fundraiser - Booster Club
It's so easy! Support the QO Booster Club by shopping on the Mixed Bag Designs website - they now have KITCHEN ITEMS!!! All those funky cool eco-friendly bags, great for the beach or home! Don't miss out! Go to www.mixedbagdesigns.com, peruse the catalogs, and at checkout, just enter the following: Click on "Enter Fundraiser ID/Seller Name" - Fundraiser ID is 53101, name can be your student's or First Name "QOHS" Last Name "Boosters" - click "submit".
Spring Testing Information
Details about how PARCC, HSA, AP, Senior Exam, and Semester Exams for 2015 will be scheduled are all outlined in the letter that was mailed home.
- April 23rd and 24th - PARCC Testing
- May 4th - May 15th - AP Exams - Details in the flyer that went home
- May 18th and May 20th - HSA Exams for Biology and NSL
- May 18th - May 21st - Senior Exams
- June 8th - 11th - Underclassmen Semester Exams
Art Contest Winners - State Level Update!
Congratulations to all the art students who entered this year's competitions - there were some incredible pieces submitted and information on winners at different levels is below:
Registration for 2015-2016
Information that was shown during the registration meetings is below and there is more information available on the Counseling webpage and the Course Bulletin pages.
Senior Fees are required in order to walk at Graduation and participate in other senior events. The Senior Fee is now $65 and can either be paid online via the school store or paid in person. If paying in person you must complete one section of the Senior Fee Flyer and pay your fee to Ms. Rodgers in room 221.
NEWS AND EVENTS
Our iSTEM/Engineering Club is excited to begin competing in local robotics competitions! We're looking for students interested in participating, parents and community members, especially engineers or programmers to volunteer and get involved. Or you can make a tax-deductible donation by mailing in a check or donating online. Full details are available on our details page.
ABOUT QUINCE ORCHARD
The mission of Quince Orchard High School, a diverse community, is to provide an excellent education in a safe, nurturing environment that challenges all students to embrace the highest standards of personal integrity and academic achievement. This will be accomplished through excellence in teaching and commitment to learning in partnership with family and community. More About Quince Orchard