- Monday, 10/12 - Underclassmen/Staff Portrait Retakes
- Monday, 10/12 - Community Night at Guiseppi's Pizza Plus in the Kentlands from 5-9 pm. Please
mention the QOHS Booster Club and a portion of the processed will be donated to
support our All-School Booster Club!
- Tuesday, 10/13 - College Fair and Meeting - Come out and talk to over 40 colleges starting at 6:30 in the cafeteria and stay for the Counseling Dept. presentation for Juniors preparing for college starting at 7:30 in the Auditorium.
- Wednesday, 10/14 - PSAT - all 9th, 10th, and 11th graders must take the PSAT. All 9th and 11th graders must pay $15 to take the test and can bring their money in to their English teacher all week. Seniors should be in their 4th period classes by Noon, but do not need to attend the PSAT.
- Wednesday, 10/14 - Booster Club Meeting at 7 pm in the Media Center
- Wednesday, 10/14 - QO Drama Parent Meeting at 7 pm in the Choir Room
- Wednesday, 10/14 - Parent Meeting about SSL Hours - see information below
- Thursday, 10/15 - Senior Class Panorama
- Thursday, 10/15 - Dig Pink Volleyball Game to raise money for the Side-Out Foundation, details below.
- Friday, 10/16 - No School
College Fair and Meeting
- College Fair - Sponsored by the PTSA over 40 colleges will be present in the QO Cafeteria from 6:30 - 8pm for students and parents to ask questions and get information.
- Junior Parent Meeting - The Counseling Department will be presenting information about the college preparation and application process starting at 7:30pm in the QO Auditorium
Parent Meeting for SSL Information
This interactive workshop on Wednesday, October 14 from 7-8:30pm at Shady Grove Middle School, 8100 Midcounty Hwy., Gaithersburg, MD 20877 will help parents understand the MCPS Student Service
Learning (SSL) guidelines and how to find meaningful SSL opportunities. Parents
of rising 6th grade students, as well as middle and high school students are
welcome to attend this session. Facilitated by MCPS and Montgomery County
Volunteer Center staff both in English and en Espanol.
Dig Pink Volleyball Game and Rally
Join the QO Volleyball teams as they participate in the annual Dig Pink® game, events start at 5:30pm. Dig Pink® is the name of the Side-Out Foundation's national October breast cancer rally. All proceeds benefit the Side-Out Foundation, which in turn awards grants to medical research organizations and entities dedicated to providing patient services to breast cancer patients and their families. You can also donate online at https://www.side-out.org/cb/campaigns/campaign/10679.
STEM Career Opportunities Presentation
There will be a presentation on STEM career
opportunities in aviation, aerospace, engineering, security and intelligence,
and business by Embry Riddle University on Thursday, October 15, 2015 at 7 – 8:30
pm in the Richard Montgomery auditorium, details are in the flyer.
Senior Fees are DUE!
Seniors must pay their senior fees to cover the costs of caps, gowns, and other items associated with Graduation. The fee is only $60 from now until December 31st and then it will go up to $65 in January, $70 in February, and $75 starting in March. Fees can be paid via cash or check made payable to QOHS and dropped off with Mrs. Burdette or paid online through the school store. More details are available in the flyer.
English Writing Center
Do you need help with your college essay? Would you like
someone to look it over before you send it out?
The English Writing Center is open every Thursday at lunch in room 232
to help you with your college essays. Mr. Campbell, Ms. Meister, and Ms.
Odorisio look forward to helping you with your essay so that you can get into
the college of your choice!
Get prepared for the SAT or ACT by taking a practice test that will be scored and evaluated for you. Test are on October 17th and January 30th from 7:45am - 12:15pm, the cost is $20 and online registration is available at https://www.c2educate.com/muddybranch-pt/
Buy Your Yearbook Today!
Yearbooks are currently on sale at www.yearbookforever.com or in room 241. The price is currently $70 until December 31st then the price will increase to $80 until May 6th and after that the price will be $90! Don't pay the extra $10 or $20 - order your yearbook today!
NEWS AND EVENTS
Our iSTEM/Engineering Club is excited to begin competing in local robotics competitions! We're looking for students interested in participating, parents and community members, especially engineers or programmers to volunteer and get involved. Or you can make a tax-deductible donation by mailing in a check or donating online. Full details are available on our details page.
ABOUT QUINCE ORCHARD
The mission of Quince Orchard High School, a diverse community, is to provide an excellent education in a safe, nurturing environment that challenges all students to embrace the highest standards of personal integrity and academic achievement. This will be accomplished through excellence in teaching and commitment to learning in partnership with family and community. More About Quince Orchard