- Monday, November 16th - Wednesday, December 9th - Giving Tree 2015 in the Main Lobby - details below!
- Monday, 11/23 - Health Class Information Meeting for Parents at 4pm
- Tuesday, 11/24 - Winter Sport Parents Meeting at 7pm in the QO Auditorium
- Saturday, 12/5 - Barnyard Blitz in the Cougar Dome
Health Class Information Meeting for Parents
There will be an informational meeting for parents of 10th graders currently enrolled in Health class, who are interested in reviewing the materials for the Family Life / Disease Units on Monday, November 23rd at 4:00 in room 144A. A parent notification letter, with permission slip attached were distributed to the Health classes on Tuesday, October 13th.
Booster Club Barnyard Blitz
The Barnyard Blitz is coming Saturday Dec 5, 11-4 at the QOHS Cougar Dome!
This event is open to the whole community! Experience a fun filled day with miniature pig and goat races, Cow Patty Bingo (buy your deeds on line to win up to $1,000 and get more information at www.qohsboosters.com,. There will also be a Punkin' Chunkin' competition, Famous Dave’s BBQ, our own QO Grillers, and a holiday vendor fair! $2 admission at the door. Schedule of Events:
- 11 am - 12:30 pm: Pig and Goat Races
- 1 pm - 2 pm: Cow Patty Bingo
- 2 pm - 4 pm: Punkin Chunkin
- 10:30 am - 4 pm: Vendor Fair, Concessions, and the Shirt Shack will be Open!
Giving Tree 2015
The Giving Tree is a gift giving project where over 50 students and their families who would not have much of a holiday season have been selected and we hope that as a community we can provide each and every one of them something special this holiday season. The entire process is outlined in the flyer, it is anonymous and very easy, here is how it works:
- Grab a card from the trees in the main lobby, write down your name and which card you grabbed
- Go shopping for new items for these individuals for the holiday season
- Return the new unwrapped items with the card (so we know who they go to) by December 9th to Mrs. Adams in room 128 or the box in the main office
- We are also in need of: wrapping goods such as wrapping paper, boxes, tissue paper, bows, and decorative bags as well as Gift Cards to a local store such as Safeway, Giant, Target, Kohl’s JCPenney, or Macy’s
Senior Fees are DUE!
Seniors must pay their senior fees to cover the costs of caps, gowns, and other items associated with Graduation. The fee is only $60 from now until December 31st and then it will go up to $65 in January, $70 in February, and $75 starting in March. Fees can be paid via cash or check made payable to QOHS and dropped off with Mrs. Burdette or paid online through the school store. More details are available in the flyer.
English Writing Center
Do you need help with your college essay? Would you like someone to look it over before you send it out? The English Writing Center is open every Thursday at lunch in room 232 to help you with your college essays. Mr. Campbell, Ms. Meister, and Ms. Odorisio look forward to helping you with your essay so that you can get into the college of your choice!
Buy Your Yearbook Today!
Yearbooks are currently on sale at www.yearbookforever.com or in room 241. The price is currently $70 until December 31st then the price will increase to $80 until May 6th and after that the price will be $90! Don't pay the extra $10 or $20 - order your yearbook today!
NEWS AND EVENTS
Our iSTEM/Engineering Club is excited to begin competing in local robotics competitions! We're looking for students interested in participating, parents and community members, especially engineers or programmers to volunteer and get involved. Or you can make a tax-deductible donation by mailing in a check or donating online. Full details are available on our details page.
ABOUT QUINCE ORCHARD
The mission of Quince Orchard High School, a diverse community, is to provide an excellent education in a safe, nurturing environment that challenges all students to embrace the highest standards of personal integrity and academic achievement. This will be accomplished through excellence in teaching and commitment to learning in partnership with family and community. More About Quince Orchard