Change of Address

When you move, you MUST notify the guidance/registrar’s office immediately by bringing in PROOF of residency. Acceptable proof is:

  • If homeowner , copy of current property tax bill OR settlement sheet
  • If renter, copy of current lease and two additional supporting documents, which may include:
  • Current pay stub
  • Income tax form
  • Two bank statements
  • Medical bills
  • Car registration
  • Current utility bills
  • Car insurance policy/bill
  • If living in shared housing, notarized MCPS Form 335-74: Shared housing Disclosure and either a copy of the current property tax bill of the homeowner OR copy of lease of renter with whom student AND parent are living AND other supporting documents as listed above.
  • Anyone who is not a resident of Montgomery County must complete MCPS form 335-73: Determination of Residency and tuition Status and contact the Residency and Tuition Office at 240-740-4500.

To change the address of a student at Wootton High School, please call the Registrar, Maritsa Nicholas, to have your proof of address copied and added to your child's records.