Silver Creek Middle School PTSA
The Silver Creek Middle School PTSA is a non-profit organization whose main goal is to promote the collaboration and engagement of families and school community in the education of our children. The PTSA does this through:
Communication – helping to inform and educate our school community on important issues affecting the educational needs of our children
Community Building – creating an atmosphere of inclusiveness so all families and students have opportunities for participation
Educational Support – for students, teachers/staff and parents
We welcome your membership and active involvement!
The SCMS listserv is our best tool for communicating with parents, and we
strongly encourage everyone to subscribe. If you would like to participate in
and be informed of what's going on in the Silver Creek community, please join
the listserve by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or
email our moderator directly at email@example.com. Be sure to include you affiliation with Silver Creek (i.e., my son Sam is in the 6th grade), as this is a closed group.
CHECK OUT UPCOMING EVENTS AND DATES TO REMEMBER HERE
SILVER CREEK REWARDS:
Shop Amazon and up to 10% of your purchase will go to SCMS. Just click on the link on the left side of the HOME page.
Are you part of a loyalty program? If so, you can link your account to earn money for Silver Creek Middle School for the 2019-2020 school year. Here’s how:
1. HARRIS TEETER: Let the cashier know (during check-out) that you’d like to link Silver Creek Middle School’s account number (# 4424) to your Harris Teeter VIC card OR visit www.harristeeter.com to link your VIC card online. Once the account number is linked, every time you shop during the program, 5% of your Harris Teeter brand purchases will be contributed by Harris Teeter to our PTSA.
2. BOX TOPS: The Box Tops program is going digital! Full details are available on the Box Tops website at www.boxtops4education.com/. To earn money for Silver Creek, just download the Box Tops app, create an account and choose Silver Creek as your school. Then, every time you shop, look for products with the Box Tops logo and scan your receipt. Your Box Tops will be credited automatically to support SCMS! Each Box Top is worth 10 cents - they add up quickly, so your participation makes a big difference for SCMS!
During this transition period, you can still clip and submit regular box tops as well. So if you have a stash of them in your drawer, don't throw them out! Instead, send them into school as you normally do and they will be submitted by mail. (For now, you can even "double dip" by scanning your receipt AND clipping the physical box tops!)
SILVER CREEK GREEN INITIATIVES:
The Green Club (for students) and the Green Committee (sponsored by the PTSA) care about making Silver Creek an environmentally friendly school through programs, such as:
* Cartridges for Kids
* Clothing to Cash,
* Community Clean Up Days
* Composting at home, in addition to other activities.
Click here to learn more.
PTSA Welcome Packet
The 2019-2020 Back-to-School Packet:
A lot of hands are needed to help make this a great year at SCMS! To sign up, please visit the Volunteer Hub at:
We appreciate your help!
Please use the link, pay4schoolstuff, to:
- 1. Join the PTSA
- 2. Make a direct donation to the HUSKY FUND
- 3. Donate to the SILVER CREEK CARES program
The PTSA funds a range of programs for Silver Creek Middle School, including the following:
* Tutoring/Mentoring Program * Cultural Arts Program * Professional Staff Development * Supplies for Classrooms * Technology Purchases
* International Night * Back-to-School
Night * Principal Coffees * Silver Creek Cares
* Silver Creek Clean Up * Teacher Appreciation Week
* Courtyard/Outdoor Classroom Project * After School
Clubs * Dances and Socials * Field Trip Scholarships
Silver Creek Community
If you would like to participate in and be informed of what's going on in the Silver Creek community, please join the list serve - click here. Be sure to include you affiliation with Silver Creek (i.e., my son Sam is in the 6th grade), as this is a closed group.
Silver Creek PTSA Officers & Committee Members 2019-2020
Our PTSA Officers and Committee Members
Our PTSA Standing Committee Objectives
Our PTSA Bylaws
Click here for PTSA deposit-expense form