Details about Senior Item Collection and Distribution
The plan and process for the distribution of caps, gowns, stoles, cords, and regalia as well as the collection of equipment, uniforms, chromebooks, instruments, textbooks, cameras, calculators, and other QO items can be found in this document, Mrs. Thomas' Callout from Friday, May 22nd. There are forms that need to be used for any student who wishes to Request a Locker Cleanout (students will not be allowed into the building) or has Textbooks/Materials/Instruments/Uniforms to Return.
PTSA/Booster Club Meeting Information from 5/15
We held our 2nd PTSA/Booster Club joint meeting on May 15th at 5pm, for those who were unable to attend you can review the Presentation Slides in English or Reunión virtual de PTSA y Booster Club en Espanol watch the Recorded Video. Questions were asked and answered during the presentation, a FAQ document will be put together from those questions and answers and posted. If you have any additional questions, you can enter them in our Google Question Form.
Information about the Cougars Care For Our Community can be found online in our document and more details will be coming at the beginning of next week.
Health and Family Life Unit
For High School, instruction of Family Life will begin in 10th grade Health Education next week and continue through the end of the year. The lesson topics are limited and have been modified. Health teachers are communicating this parent letter via email through canvas. Materials and resources may reviewed if a parent decides and communicates the opt-out with the health teacher. Parents/Guardians can review materials and will need to contact their child's health education teacher by May 26th only if they want to exclude their child from participating. Students that "opt-out" DO NOT have access to the FLHS content and will receive Nutrition and Fitness modules for the weeks between May 26- June 12th.
Yearbooks - 30 still available!
The 2020 yearbook is almost sold out! We have about 30 copies left. Go to www.jostensyearbooks.com before May 31 to reserve your copy ASAP. Once we are sold out, you will not have another opportunity to get a copy so order today! Check out the sneak peek video of our yearbook above.
Information About MCPS & Coronavirus
Schools and school facilities including fields, tennis courts, and track are now closed through the end of the school year, For all updates regarding the coronavirus and the impact to our schools and community please see the MCPS coronavirus website. http://montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus/. See information in the links and documents below, a full listing of all of the items we have posted since March 16th can be found here and you can use the "Dropbox" to ask specific questions to QOHS Administration.
- MCPS Letter to the Community on May 17th with details about Phase 3 of Online Learning, Grading and Reporting, Eligibility, Retrieval of Personal Items, 2021 Budget Outlook, Kindergarten Registration, SMOB Elections, LGBTQ+ Town Hall, College Admissions, and Teacher of the Year.
- MCPS Message to the Community about Revised Grading Policy on May 12th
- Mrs. Thomas' Callout from Sunday, May 17th with important details for students, families, and staff for the upcoming weeks.
- Continuity of Learning
- PTSA & Booster Club Meeting on Friday, May 15th at 5pm. Details about how to access the meeting are in Ms. Thomas' Weekly Callout, parents must use their student's login to access the meeting.
- There was a meeting on April 21st - In case you missed it or you are looking for some information that was presented, you can find the presentation online here in English and en Español. Students and Parents can submit additional questions via the Google Form, all questions and answers from the presentation or form will be posted in the Frequently Asked Questions document.
- Chromebooks - As a reminder, you can pick up or exchange Chromebooks and MiFi devices at 45 West Gude Drive from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. every weekday. Families should wear masks and bring their child’s student ID number with them. For the technical needs of any student or parent during remote learning, please call 240-740-7022.
- Distribution of Meals - MCPS has established over 20 locations where students can receive nutritious meals on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays (with meals for Thursday), and Friday from 11am - 1pm. The closest locations to our students include Northwest High School, Gaithersburg High School, Gaithersburg Middle School, and Brown Station Elementary School. See the MCPS Meals Website for full details.
- AP Exams and Materials - This year's exams will now be May 11th - May 22nd and details about all each exam along with review materials can be found in the links below. All exams will be completed online through a 45-minute exam or via Digital Portfolio Submission (for certain classes).
- School System and Community Resources - MCPS has also prepared a list of school system and community resources for families during this extended school closure.
- Athletics - Updated Statement from MPSSAA (April 28th) concerning the status of interscholastic athletics. All athletic events for the remainder of the year have been cancelled.
- Yearbook Information - Ordering, Donating, Receiving, and Questions
- QOTV at Home Edition for 5/8/2020 - Teacher Appreciation Form - Senior Episode for QOTV Submissions
- Prowler May 2020 Issue - 2020 Senior Issue - Previous Issues
Summer School Health
QO is offering a Hybrid Summer Comprehensive Health Course for Incoming 10th Graders from July 20th - August 7th. Details can be found in the form or contact Brook_N_Aranda@mcpsmd.org for more information.
Signs of Suicide
The Counseling Department and the School Staff are planning to start the Signs of Suicide program with students on Thursday, March 5th, additional details about the program are available in the documents below.
Sprint 1 Million Project - Internet at Home
Do you have difficulty completing your work due to lack of internet at home? If so, you may qualify for a free device from Sprint! You must be - enrolled in an MCPS HS, not have reliable internet at home (no access, multiple students with 1 computer, dial up only), and meet income requirements. If eligible you can receive a device from Sprint with 10GB per month of free high-speed LTE data. Unlimited data is provided at 2G speeds if usage exceeds 3GB in a month. Get more information in the flyers – English, French, and Spanish.
Students can access resources shared during past QO.U classes by clicking here.
Student and Parent Portal
Need to access the MCPS Parent Portal or MCPS Student Portal, need more information about this - get all the details on the myMCPS Information Page. This page has information about setting up your account, what you can access via the portal and detailed instructions for using the portal. To access grades and class information through the MCPS Classroroom go to https://mcpsmd.instructure.com and to access attendance and long term information go to the Student/Parent portal https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/. If you are having issues with your account or need your login information, please contact Mrs. Jennifer Nicholson, Media Specialist, via email to Jennifer_R_Nicholson@mcpsmd.org.
Students in need of Student Service Learning hours can look for current opportunities on the bulletin board in the red hallway on the first floor and sign-up for text or email reminders from remind.com - sign-up by texting @mrstshel to 81010. You may also look on the MCPS SSL website to view ongoing opportunities. All opportunities with a purple graduation cap are already approved by MCPS. If there is no graduation cap make sure you submit the Individual Student Service Learning Request form prior to serving your volunteer hours. See Mrs. Shelhorse if you have any questions concerning SSL or need help finding opportunities. More information can be found here.