Barbara Martin, Resource Counselor
Rising Senior College Planning
Click HERE to view presentation from June, 2019
Rising Senior Self-Evaluation and Parent Questionnaire
Please email the completed forms directly to your Counselor!
Rising Senior Morehead Cain Questionnaire
For more information on the Morehead Cain UNC Chapel Hill Scholarship, go to http://www.moreheadcain.org/ The deadline for this scholarship is Noon, June 10, 2019 to Ms. DeOto.
Click HERE for questionnaire
Important notes regarding registration:
1. Recommendations will only be made for math courses at the conclusion of the first semester, although students are encouraged to communicate with their current teachers about course recommendations at any time. Students registering for a math course for which they are not recommended will be required to submit a form with parent signature acknowledging the decision to go against the recommendation.
2. Access registration online through MyMCPS Portal at this link: https://portal.mcpsmd.org/public/. Look for “Class Registration” link on left after logging in. To choose courses, click on the pencil icon in the upper right hand corner to edit each section, click “Okay” when finished with that section. It is very important to click “Submit” at the bottom of the registration webpage in order to complete registration. Please contact your child’s counselor if you have trouble accessing MyMCPS Portal.
3. For the PHS master course list with course codes and the registration card (to be turned in with student and parent signature), please see the table above.
4. For more information about MD & MCPS graduation requirements, please visit: http://coursebulletin.montgomeryschoolsmd.org
5. For more information about specific magnet program requirements, please visit: https://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/schools/poolesvillehs/magnet/
College Night Presentation, March 2019 "The College Application: An Insider’s View"
Questions with Answers from the audience of The College Application: An Insider's View
Fall 2018 9th grade parent presentation (Updated 10/24/19)
10th Grade Parents: Understanding PSAT Scores, College Readiness and Using Naviance Student Updated 1/23/2020
12th grade Parents: College Application Process Presentation, (Updated 9/9/19)
Financial Aid Presentation, September 2019