Welcome to the Magruder High School PEAC Scholars Page!
PEAC Coordinator: Mrs. Virginia Snyder
2019-2020 PEAC Application Information Coming Soon!
PEAC Scholars Parent Info Meeting - Thursday, October 24, 2019 from 6:30 -7:30 pm in the MHS media center
Pursuing Excellence in the Academic Curricula (PEAC)
PEAC Scholars is an inter-disciplinary, four-year college-preparatory cohort. Its focus is on independent learning and the development of sophisticated written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on critical thinking.
Who is a PEAC Scholar?
- PEAC Scholars...
- have clearly demonstrated potential to develop high-level communication skills.
- are committed to essential learning and academic excellence.
- are capable and willing to face and persevere through academic challenges
- are willing to take responsibility for independent learning and thinking and have the ability to act as self-advocates.
- possess a natural curiosity.
- value organization and time management.
- are able to maintain both the academic and behavioral requirements of the program.
- are able to maintain a 3.5 unweighted GPA through their senior year.
*Students currently enrolled in private schools who plan on enrolling at Magruder High School for their 9th or 10th grade year need to contact the Coordinator of Academy Programs, Mrs. Virginia Snyder.
Additional Information and Resources
PEAC Required Summer Assignments 2019
AP Parents Night Presentation
Middle School Presentation
PEAC 2018 Information Night Presentation
2018-2019 PEAC Brochure
MCPS prohibits illegal discrimination on the
basis of race, color, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, marital
status, socioeconomic status, age, disability, physical characteristics, or
sexual orientation. Inquiries or complaints regarding discrimination or Title
IX issues such as gender equity and sexual harassment should be directed to the
Office of the Deputy Superintendent of Schools at 301-279-3126, via the
Maryland Relay at 1-800-735-2258, or addressed to that office at 850 Hungerford
Drive, Room 129, Rockville, MD 20850.