Key Messages to Students
- This is important
- You can do it
- I'm not going to give up on you
- Effective effort and strategies are what lead to student achievement
Critical Questions to Ourselves
- What do students need to know and be able to do?
- How will we know that they have learned it?
- What will we do when they haven't?
- What will we do when they already know it?
Superintendent's Equity and Excellence award (2015-2016)
•Congratulations to Mr. Curry and the entire staff for being recognized with the Superintendent’s Equity and Excellence award. This award recognizes the efforts in developing an equity plan that addresses the community’s diverse population, while at the same time continuously holding all the students to high expectations.
• Congratulations to Great Seneca Creek Elementary School on having
been certified as a Maryland Green School! This recognition comes from the
Maryland Association for Environmental & Outdoor Education. GSCES is
being recognized for our green efforts and whole school commitment to
environmental literacy for staff, students and the community. In addition to being the first LEED school in the state of
Maryland, GSCES can now add Maryland Green School to our accomplishments.