Scott Curry, Principal
About Mr. Curry
I am excited to begin the next step in my professional career as principal of Great Seneca Creek ES. As an educator, I have always strived to provide students with a fun and challenging educational experience. I believe this is done through strong relationships, reflective practice and becoming a lifelong learner. I will continue to build upon the successes at The Creek while working to improve every day. I am proud to be a Bullfrog at Great Seneca Creek ES.
I am honored to be the new principal of Great Seneca Creek Elementary School. I am proud to be joining the team at The Creek that believes all children will be successful. I look forward to working with a dedicated staff and community, continuing to provide all students with a positive educational experience through a high level instructional program.
I was born and raised in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania. February 2nd is a special day as I anxiously await Punxsutawney Phil’s weather prognostication. I received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and my teaching certificate from the University of Pittsburgh. I earned my Master of Education in Administration and Supervision from Bowie State University. This will be my 13th year in education, with all of those years being spent with the Montgomery County Public Schools. I have taught 3rd, 4th, and 5th, as well as serving as an assistant principal for the last six years. My wife and I live in New Market, Maryland with our sons Stephen and Benjamin. As a big sports fanatic, I enjoy returning to Pittsburgh to watch my Pitt Panthers and sitting down to watch Seattle Seahawks and Seattle Mariners games.
I can be reached at 301-353-8500 or through email at Scott_T_Curry@mcpsmd.org.
- Master of Education in Administration and Supervision, Bowie State University
- Masters Equivalency in Elementary Education, University of Pittsburgh
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, University of Pittsburgh
- Principal, Great Seneca Creek Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal/Principal Intern, Sequoyah Elementary, MCPS
- Assistant Principal, Washington Grove Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Greenwood Elementary, MCPS
- Classroom Teacher, Clarksburg Elementary, MCPS
Elena S. Dennis, Assistant Principal
About Mrs. Dennis
I am delighted be the new assistant principal at Great Seneca Creek Elementary and am looking forward to serving the students, families, and staff of this remarkable school
I was born in Montevideo, Uruguay and moved to the United States at the age of six. We settled in Montgomery County and I attended Wheaton Woods Elementary School, Farquhar Middle School, and graduated from Sherwood High School. I received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Maryland, a Master of Science degree in Special Education from Johns Hopkins University, and an Administrative and Supervisory certification from Hood College. I have worked for Montgomery County Public Schools for 25 years. I was a special education teacher, an itinerant resource teacher, and an instructional specialist at central office where I trained and coached teachers in implementing reading interventions. Prior to my appointment as assistant principal at The Creek, I was the assistant school administrator at a neighboring elementary school.
My husband and I live in West Friendship, Maryland with our four boxers. We have two grown daughters. Jaclyn, who has her PhD in molecular and cellular biology, lives with her husband in Boulder, Colorado. My other daughter, Michelle, has her degree in micro biology and lives in Richmond, Virginia. I enjoy gardening, reading, and whenever I get the opportunity, I love to scuba dive.
My door is always open! Please feel free to stop by for a chat. I can be reached at 301-353-8500 or through email at Elena_S_Dennis@mcpsmd.org.
- Master of Science in Special Education with concentrations in mild/moderate disabilities, John Hopkins University
- Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice, University of Maryland, College Park
- Administration and Supervision Certificate, Hood College
- Assistant Principal, Great Seneca Creek Elementary School
- Assistant School Administrator, Rachel Carson Elementary School
- Instructional Specialist, Division of Business, Fiscal, and Information Systems in the Office of Special Education and Student Services
- Itinerant Resource Teacher, Department of Special Education Services
- Resource Teacher Special Education, Baker Middle School
- Special Education Teacher, Baker Middle School