Walter Johnson HS STUDENT Blood Drives
Sponsored by Inova Blood Donor Services
All WJ students need parent permission to donate, regardless of age
Print the parent permission form
SGA Home | WJ Blood Drives | Club Charter & Attendance Submission | Homecoming |
Leadership Class | Pennies for Patients
- You must be 16 years of age at the time you donate
- You must weigh at least 110 pounds
- You must generally be in good health and feeling well on the day of donation
- Read the other donor eligibility rules here, especially if you have questions about restrictions due to medications, travel, piercings, tattoos, etc.
About Giving Blood
- Students giving blood must bring a photo ID
- The entire procedure takes about 45 minutes; the actual giving time is usually less than 10 minutes
- It's important - 95% of the population will need a blood transfusion at least once in their lives but only 5% donate blood!
Appointments are scheduled in increments between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Click here to schedule an appointment or listen for morning announcements about making appointments at school. Appointments are preferred but walk-ins are welcome. e-mail Ms. Schwed with questions.
For more information on donating blood, visit the Inova Blood Donor Services Web