Advanced Placement Courses
What are Advanced Placement (AP) Courses?
Advanced Placement courses are college-level classes
meant to provide a rigorous learning experience for high school students and
allow them to obtain the skills they need to be successful at the college
students taking AP Courses in high school can potentially earn college credit,
saving time and money. Having AP courses
on a high school transcript can be an advantage in the college admissions
School’s AP Offering
high school is proud to offer 26 AP courses for the 2018-2019 school year. In addition, Magruder High School has a
partnership with Equal Opportunity Schools (EOS) to ensure that all students,
but especially students in underrepresented populations, have access to AP
courses and the chance to excel.
Magruder AP Course Offering 2018-2019
Magruder AP Teachers
Magruder High School AP Student Supports
Equal Opportunity Schools
Resources for Current
AP Parents and Students
Families and Parents
2017-18 Bulletin for AP Students and Parents
Board’s AP Website has great resources including course descriptions, exam practice
tips and resources, and information about how to obtain your scores after
taking the exam. Be sure to create an
account to receive all resources and access exam scores.
2018 AP Exam Score Information
Please read the information below regarding how you will receive your scores this summer.
- You can visit apscore.org or follow the link below to the College Board page to access your scores when they become available. Scores are only available online and you will not receive a paper copy in the mail.
- College Board releases scores online by location between July 5 -9th. Maryland's scores will be available Saturday, July 7th at 8:00 AM. However, if you are traveling and will be out of the state between July 5-9th, you should review the College Board webpage linked above to see exactly when you can view your scores based on your location at that time.
- If you cannot locate your AP Student Number card or student pack and need access to your AP Student Number, you can log in to TotalRegistration.net and view your AP number there.
- If you encounter any issues viewing your AP exam scores, you should contact College Board first as your teacher will not be able to assist you.
Magruder Supports for AP Students
are rewarding, but also rigorous and challenging. To make sure students have the opportunity to
be successful in their AP courses, there are supports in place.
Why take the
exam is the first step to earning college credit for AP courses. Students may
also be eligible to earn scholarships based those scores, and all students can gain
valuable experience that prepares them for the academic environment in
college. Students with qualifying scores
can check with the college or university they plan to attend to see if they can
earn credit for their AP course.
AP Exam Score
2019 AP Exam Schedule
Registering for AP
Magruder High School will use an online registration and payment system for the 2019 Advanced Placement exams. Specific details regarding registration deadlines will be coming soon. All questions regarding AP Exams and registrations should be directed to Virginia Snyder, Academies & PEAC Coordinator.
AP Exam Registration Letter 2017-2018
Magruder High School AP Exam Registration website
Interested in Taking
too early to plan out the courses you want to take during your four years in
high school. You can start by visiting
the College Board website (link below) to get a sense of what to expect from an
AP course. Make an appointment with your
school counselor to talk about the options available to you.
School Counseling Department
– Getting Started in AP resources
information on the AP program at Magruder, please contact Virginia Snyder,
Academic & PEAC Coordinator.