About Our School
East Silver Spring Elementary School was originally built in 1927, which makes it one of Montgomery County's oldest schools. In fact, in 1992, during Silver Spring's Sesquicentennial, ESS received a commendation from the county for its long and fruitful service to the community. The original building was severely damaged by fire but was rebuilt and modernized in 1979. An additional wing was added in 1987 and two new wings were completed in August 2010. ESS serves a diverse population that represents over 15 countries. ESS parents are engaged and committed to student success and they show this when they become volunteers and work in the classrooms, coordinate and participate in special events such as Takoma 5K Run, the School Book Fair, the after school Panda clubs and the International Night/Week. The staff is committed to every student's success in a caring, nurturing atmosphere. Besides providing a rich and effective instructional program, the ESS staffcoordinates and participates in a variety of programs that include the School Carnival and after school clubs/classes. Students attend Takoma Middle School for grades six through eight and have the opportunity to attend one of the five high schools in the Down County Consortium [Blair, Northwood, Kennedy, Wheaton, and Einstein HS].
Our Vision and Mission
More About East Silver Spring Elementary