Resource Teacher: Mr. Kenneth Alford
Mission Statement: The mission of the Albert Einstein High School Mathematics department is to deliver mathematics instruction with fidelity that is rigorous, relevant and equitable for all students. Our goal is to build strong teacher-student relationships that promote trust, student self-advocacy and risk-taking. By providing quality instruction and productive relationships, we will produce competent students that are equipped with math skills ready to compete in a global society.
Vision: The vision of the Albert Einstein High School Mathematics department is to create a culture where all students are challenged to become critical thinkers and effective problem solvers by delivering instruction that is rigorous, relevant and equitable. As a result, our students will be able to contribute to society in productive and meaningful leading to positive future.
Tutoring: Teachers are available for tutoring in different math subjects.
- W.E.B. DuBois Group offers student -to-student help on Thursday's at lunch in Room 205.
- Jaime Escalante Honors Society offers student-to-student help on Thursday's at lunch in Room 29 and by appointment with tutor.
- YMCA offers adult-to-student help on Wednesday from 2:30 to 4:30 in the Cafeteria and on Tuesday and Thursday from 2:30 to 5:30.
- National Honor Society offers help in Room 254 at lunch on Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri.
- Teachers offer help everyday. See your teacher or another teacher in the department to see available times and make an appointment.
- Peer tutoring available daily in room 201 exclusively for Algebra 1 and Geometry students.
- Parent PARCC Checklist
- Homework Help Hotline
* Offers phone help Tuesday - Thursday from 4:30pm to 6:30pm (call 301.279.3234).
* Ask questions online at
from 4:30pm to 9:30 pm
* Text 724.427.5445
Staff e-mail addresses can be found in the Staff Directory.
- Alford, Kenneth
- Colwander, Christopher
- Griffin, Nancy
- Hawvermale, Kimberly
- Howard, Willie
- Long, Michael
- MacMillan, Kathryn
- Miyamoto, Timothy
- Oben, Ryan
- Piercey, Rosemary
- Powell, Victor
- Reese, Cynthia
- Rholl, Carolyn
- Salazar, Oscar
- Scherr, Lori
High School Assessment Information (HSA)