The Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) middle school intramurals program is a planned extension of the physical education instructional programs. Although the athletic program offers a higher level of competition, its primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for advanced skill development for all 7th and 8th graders with interests and/or talents. Students are able to ride the Activity busses home on Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
Athletic Coordinator: Jeff Brink
Click here to view the MCPS Middle School Athletics Website.
Sports Offered at West MS
Boys Basketball: Andy Lee
Any 7th and 8th grade student who is interested in trying out for any of the Julius West teams must meet the following requirements:
To Try Out:
- -Submit a parent permission form. Click here to download the form: Athletics Permission Form
- -Have or obtain a physical from a doctor within the last two years. Click here to download the physical form: Current Health Inventory
- -Meet academic standards-must maintain a 2.0 average with no more then one “E” from the previous marking period.
- -Meet age requirements.
Once on a Team:
- Must submit a completed medical card.
MCPS form 560-30(PDF)
- Must submit a completed Transportation Form
MCPS form 560-31(PDF)