The Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) middle school intramurals program is a planned extension of the physical education instructional programs. Although the athletic program offers a higher level of competition, its primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for advanced skill development for all 7th and 8th graders with interests and/or talents. Students are able to ride the Activity busses home on Wednesdays and Thursdays only.
Athletic Coordinator: Jeff Brink
Click here to view the MCPS Middle School Athletics Website.
Sports Offered at West MS
Any 7th and 8th grade student who is interested in trying out for any of the Julius West teams must meet the following requirements:
To Try Out:
- -Submit a parent permission form. Click here to download the form: Athletics Permission Form
- -Have or obtain a physical from a doctor within the last two years. Click here to download the physical form: Current Health Inventory
- -Meet academic standards-must maintain a 2.0 average with no more then one “E” from the previous marking period.
- -Meet age requirements.
Once on a Team:
- Must submit a completed medical card.
MCPS form 560-30(PDF)
- Must submit a completed Transportation Form
MCPS form 560-31(PDF)