Library Link is a partnership between Montgomery County Public Libraries (MCPL) and Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS). This initiative is part of a national program to ensure every child enrolled in school receives a library card. Library Link provides students with access to a wide range of materials and resources available through our public libraries and extend their learning beyond the school day. As part of this process, The Quince Orchard Library has prepared new library cards for our school. Mrs. Simkanich and Mrs. Potts are dispersing these new cards here at Travilah.
How Will It Work:
- During the school year, elementary school students will receive a special library card just developed for Library Link – the eConnectED library card.
- This card provides students access to MCPL online services and resources 24/7. With the card, students can read e-books and magazines, download music, learn languages, take online courses and much more!
- Also with this library card, students can borrow up to 7 items at one time.
- Students are encouraged to visit any MCPL library, talk to staff to convert their eConnectED library card into a regular ConnectED library card. It is free and provides more opportunities to borrow many more materials!
- The regular ConnectED library card allows students to have access to online resources as well as to borrow up to 100 books, DVDs, and other materials at a time.