Did you know that the Pyle Education Foundation spends about $50,000 each year to provide our children with programs and services not covered by the MCPS budget?
(See below for a list of currently planned projects and past expenditures.)
Did you also know that the Pyle Education Foundation is solely supported by generous donations from you?
The Pyle Education Foundation raises funds to support needed projects that enrich and extend the education of the Pyle Middle School community. Working with Pyle staff, student, and parent leadership, the Foundation assesses the transformative potential of our combined resources to fund unmet facility, equipment, and program needs. We are a volunteer-run, 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt fundraising organization.
The Board is asking that you consider donating $100 to $150 per child to help fund all the projects the Foundation supports here at Pyle.
Please DONATE NOW to the Pyle Education Foundation using PayPal or Pay For School Stuff
Every year the PEF awards grants to promote the mission to enhance education at Pyle and other public elementary and secondary education schools within the cluster, including all elementary schools that feed into Pyle and also Walt Whitman High School. The three broad categories for funding programs are: School programs, facility improvements, and community outreach. Grant amounts will be based on need, merit and available resources. PEF will be accepting grant applications on a rolling basis. The PEF Board will review requests received and notify applicants promptly.
For more information or to receive an electronic copy of the Mini Grant Request Form, please contact Jennifer Snow at email@example.com. We are now accepting grant proposals for the 2017-2018 school year.
EDUCATION FOUNDATION PROJECTS:
Aquaponics installation in the Pyle Courtyard
Enhanced Makerspace in the Media Center
After school Algebra support
New Bike Racks
New Video Equipment for the TV Studio
New musical instruments, including professional demonstrations
Teacher workshops and staff development conferences
Shakespeare in the Classroom - including authentic Shakespearean
actors to teach workshops
- NEW “Makerspace” program available to all students
in the Media Center
- Aquaponics ecosystem in courtyard
- Water bottle filling stations
- After-school algebra support
- Outdoor furniture for the courtyard
- New musical instruments
- Teacher workshops and staff development conferences
- Mindfulness instruction for teachers
- Shakespeare in the Classroom where real Shakespearean actors
- And much more!
1. Mindfulness instruction by Minds, Inc. for staff and students
2. Shakespeare in the Classroom
3. Thirty-two new laptops and a portable cart
4. Choral risers
5. Thirty-five new microscopes
6. Fifteen new sewing machines.
7. Drama and Technology training
8. Two teachers to attend Educator's Initiative from North Carolina Outward Bound
9. Three teachers to attend Association of Middle Level Educators conference in Columbus, Ohio.
10. Conference attendance for instrumental music teacher
11. Conference attendance for choral teacher
12. Clinics for both choral and orchestra students
13. Support of TAG mindfulness program
14. Twenty new yoga mats and cart for monthly yoga for students
15. Planners for rising Whitman freshmen
16. Co-funded Pyle App
Seeking Transformative Ideas to Improve Pyle
The Pyle Education Foundation funds projects that enhance the greater Pyle community. The Foundation focuses on projects for facilities, equipment and/or programs that have a multi-year impact. In looking to prioritize future fundraising goals, the Board of the Foundation is seeking suggestions for transformative projects for the 2016-201 school year and beyond. Any administrator, teacher, parent or student with suggestions should contact Wendy Kuhn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any of the PEF Board Members. We would love to hear from you.
PEF Board Members (Parent Volunteers) for 2018-2019:
Wendy Kuhn (President), Jennifer Snow (VP, Grant Funding Liaison), Doug Pyle (Treasurer), Sarah Najafi (Secretary), Annisa Milner and Anthea Higgins (Spring Cocktail Party Planners), Elena Naum and Sara Vogelhut (Fall Fundraising Letter and Donation Thank Yous) and Chris Nardi (Principal).